1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

If you had 800-1300$ to spend on a home theater receiver right now..

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by NeuroS, May 17, 2003.

1. NeuroS

NeuroS

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    What would you purchase ?

Or is ther something coming out on the Horizon in the next 3-4 months that you woudl wait for ?

2. Daneel

Daneel

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +26
    A Pioneer 45tx.

3. EV@

EV@

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Or a Denon 3803 and the Rotel RSX-1055 is a good bet. If you did'nt know the Pioneer 45TX its the same as the VSX-D2011 just different name. All the above amps are good it will just be down to your preference! try to audition them. The Pioneer 2011/45TX seems to have the best spec but I could not find any huge difference when I audition both the 2011 and the Denon 3803, in the end the Denon clinched it for me only because I prefered it when listening to it at home with my current A/V kit.
    Still if I had to buy with my head and not my ears I'd go for the Pioneer 2011/45TX over the Denon.

Regards Evo

4. NeuroS

NeuroS

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    After looking at these I found the Onkyo Tx-nr900 and I am really liking the implimentation of the "net-tune" feature where I can ply my mp3's ( on my computer) through the receiver while it is connected to my home network. It is a little bit more $1500 but i think it might be worth it.

I will mostly be using it to play music and watch dvd's I will also be spending around 1-2000$ more to get some speakers for the setup

Does anyone have experience with this receiver?
    Is there another receiver that has a similar functionality?

Thanks for the repsonses so far,