If you had £1500 for a new rig what laptop would you buy

Wally1973

Novice Member
Reaction score
hello all if you had £1500 to buy a new gaming laptop what would you spend your hard earned cash on?

For £1500 you are just below a 1070. So 1060 laptops are where you would want to look.

There are plenty for around £1300 that would do you. Are you after 15 or 17"

I'm after a 15" was liking the look and spec of the asus rog g752-vm-gc010t what you think about that rig ?

I'm after a 15" was liking the look and spec of the asus rog g752-vm-gc010t what you think about that rig ?

That's a nice spec, has G-Sync too. You can't really go wrong with the new 10 series chips. The performance is superb.

Thanks for the speedy reply greg
What else matches that around that price or less as I'm a bit of a bargain hunter must be the Scott in me

I just grabbed a Asus ROG Strix GL702VM 17" (i7 16GB Nvid 1060 Build) While i was in america over Christmas... Absolute beast smashes my home rig

My only issue is the fact to get max FPS i need it plugged in, the GPU limits its self if running on just the battery and no way to turn it off, So i have to leave it plugged in pretty much all the time which im guessing will kill the battery

I just grabbed a Asus ROG Strix GL702VM 17" (i7 16GB Nvid 1060 Build) While i was in america over Christmas... Absolute beast smashes my home rig

My only issue is the fact to get max FPS i need it plugged in, the GPU limits its self if running on just the battery and no way to turn it off, So i have to leave it plugged in pretty much all the time which im guessing will kill the battery

Have you turned off the battery saver in Nvidia GeForce Experience? That should help a bit, it wont' be fantastic but it will stop it being limited to 30 FPS.

For a 15in machine I'd go for an Alienware 15 R3 off the Outlet, there's 1070 ones there for under £1500 and for £1553 they've got one with 16GB memory, 512GB SSD and 1TB hard drive. It's marked as scratch and dent but most of the PC's I've bought off the outlet are scratch and dent and can barely find the mark.

John

The latest video from AVForums

Is Home Theater DEAD in 2024?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom