• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

If you could use ANY 3 Perks....

musti

Established Member
Ok good question.. If you could use ANY 3 perks from the whole list without restriction.... What would they be??

For me it would have to be Double Tap + Stopping Power + Deep Impact, since I can't hit a barn door sometimes and at least this would give me a fighting chance! :D

mistymoo

Established Member
yeah i use stopping power + deep impact but find with double tap i use to much ammo ....if i using doublebarrel shotgun i use the fast reload....other than that i dont use much else:clap::thumbsup::D

TyFlip

Established Member
Ok good question.. If you could use ANY 3 perks from the whole list without restriction.... What would they be??

For me it would have to be Double Tap + Stopping Power + Deep Impact, since I can't hit a barn door sometimes and at least this would give me a fighting chance! :D

Barn Door? Can't hit one? Sound bloody familiar to me that!!!

Erm 3 perks well...... I love the betty's. I love Stopping power and Deep impact and those are the three that I most commonly use and am tooo used to.

In the ideal world though I would have:-

Infinite ammo
Infinite health
And to be able to summon Ifrit from Final Fantasy!

Now that would be BADA$$!!!:D:smashin:

ammurad

Standard Member
Stopping power, martyrdom & bouncing bettys.

Im not a fan of juggernaut, annoys me sometimes when ppl use it, but i guess its also a good perk.

wokeye

Established Member
Im not a fan of juggernaut, annoys me sometimes when ppl use it, but i guess its also a good perk.

I am a casual gamer, about an hour a day if I am lucky and use that perk on COD4. I have had a few nasty messages off people telling me turn to the juggernaut off, along with a lot of comments suggesting that I am a homosexual etc :rolleyes: This is usually from people that I have beaten, although also one off a much better player that absolutely destroyed me. I usually send them an even nastier message back telling them where to go and get a life and then block them from sending more messages. I do not really understand it tbh, as they can also use it, there are way better player than me that destroy me with this perk or not. I also always play free-for-all so it is not like deadly serious (or so I thought). I find the amount of campers on this game way more irritating than this, also the use of shotguns but I still would not send an email about it :rolleyes: I will maybe try some other perk anyway. Then again maybe if I was playing more hardcore matches I could understand. I am sure I am getting lots of abuse during the match, but I always turn all the players voices off at the start of every game anyway as it annoys the hell out of me.

TyFlip

Established Member
I am a casual gamer, about an hour a day if I am lucky and use that perk on COD4. I have had a few nasty messages off people telling me turn to the juggernaut off, along with a lot of comments suggesting that I am a homosexual etc :rolleyes: This is usually from people that I have beaten, although also one off a much better player that absolutely destroyed me. I usually send them an even nastier message back telling them where to go and get a life and then block them from sending more messages. I do not really understand it tbh, as they can also use it, there are way better player than me that destroy me with this perk or not. I also always play free-for-all so it is not like deadly serious (or so I thought). I find the amount of campers on this game way more irritating than this, also the use of shotguns but I still would not send an email about it :rolleyes: I will maybe try some other perk anyway. Then again maybe if I was playing more hardcore matches I could understand. I am sure I am getting lots of abuse during the match, but I always turn all the players voices off at the start of every game anyway as it annoys the hell out of me.

Agreed mate.

The thing is the gobby ones are usually the ones who in the real/outside world, run at the first sign of confrontation.

They are weak in mind, which is blatant in the language they use.

That is why the mute button is so so good but the Kick button is so much better:smashin:!

I feel no satifaction flaming someone over a headset!

Fmrl

Prominent Member
I have had a few nasty messages off people telling me turn to the juggernaut off, along with a lot of comments suggesting that I am a homosexual etc

I was playing S&D (for a change! :rolleyes:) the other day and joined a losing team on Castle, we were getting shot to pieces so I tried playing defensive but we still lost the game... I got a message from someone on my team so I thought it was going to be the usual "U SUCK", "U GAY", "U SMELL" rubbish but he just sent me a "thankyou for covering my back" message (we took a few of the enemy down before we all got wiped out) - there are some civilised players out there!

I think Sony should introduce a global "opt out" for messages - ie. an option to only accept them from people who are on your friend list... and it would have been nice if there was an option on both COD4 and COD5 were you can permanently mute everyone and maybe only allow voice comms between people that you've invited.

I've got "UK" in my PSN id so it just gets boring listening to Americans going on about it.

TyFlip

Established Member
I was playing S&D (for a change! :rolleyes:) the other day and joined a losing team on Castle, we were getting shot to pieces so I tried playing defensive but we still lost the game... I got a message from someone on my team so I thought it was going to be the usual "U SUCK", "U GAY", "U SMELL" rubbish but he just sent me a "thankyou for covering my back" message (we took a few of the enemy down before we all got wiped out) - there are some civilised players out there!

I think Sony should introduce a global "opt out" for messages - ie. an option to only accept them from people who are on your friend list... and it would have been nice if there was an option on both COD4 and COD5 were you can permanently mute everyone and maybe only allow voice comms between people that you've invited.

I've got "UK" in my PSN id so it just gets boring listening to Americans going on about it.

Yep the Yanks can certainly be loud mouths.

Their selection of insults are dreadfully amateur considering their level of practice.

Last edited by a moderator:

wokeye

Established Member

I would love a global, "opt out" button as I do not get many messages anyway as I do not play that often. The majority of the ones I do get are abusive, or taking the p*ss out of my username. The latter obviously does not bother me as I have a stupid screen name just for a laugh anyway, and the messages are usually in good taste (again i could not personally be bothered to send messages like this, but it ain't a big deal). But I would love a permanent mute button, as everytime I play COD4 I mute everybody. If it dumps me in a match that has already started I often end up dying when doing this. These annoyances are not a huge big deal, I just cannot believe that people can be bothered typing in stupid abusive messages about garbage like this :rolleyes:

ste v p

Established Member
I am a casual gamer, about an hour a day if I am lucky and use that perk on COD4. I have had a few nasty messages off people telling me turn to the juggernaut off, along with a lot of comments suggesting that I am a homosexual etc :rolleyes:

I simply don't get it when people get frustrated about the perks you use. IT'S PART OF THE GAME. If you don't like it, write to the game makers.

Anyway, what's this about messages. I don't think I've ever got one as I have no friends (online) and don't use juggernaut or grenade launchers which seem to be pet hates of many.

Good to see I'm not the only one who turns off mutes individuals with headsets. Not all of them, just the ones that use "helium" sound distortion and the annoying Americans who whine a lot. I don't have a headset so all the sounds come out of the TV and in the intermission are really loud.

Can anyone tell me, if I were to get a headset, would the game sounds come from the TV and the voices (other gamers) come through the headset?

Oh, back on topic, I'm playing COD4 at the moment and after playing around with tactics I'm finding "run and gun" to be the best for me. So I have a fair amount of close quarters combat and have found:

3 x Frag
Stopping Power
Martyrdom :D

With RPD (red dot) to be pretty successful. The LMGs give you much more ammo to play with as I find Assault rifles and SMGs run out of ammo and therefore Bandolier is my preferred Perk 1 with these weapons (G36C or P90)

Fmrl

Prominent Member
Can anyone tell me, if I were to get a headset, would the game sounds come from the TV and the voices (other gamers) come through the headset?

Voice chat comes through the headset instead of the TV :clap:

it is *THE* best thing about having a headset connected to your PS3 (so if there's a load of annoying whistling, eating, feedback, swearing, americans, etc. you can just put the headset under a cushion and play the game without any interruption).

Problem is, it's a 20 quid add-on (and you have to remember to charge it up, switch it on, etc.) when there should be an option on the PS3 just to switch it on/off globally.

Fmrl

Prominent Member
With RPD (red dot) to be pretty successful. The LMGs give you much more ammo to play with as I find Assault rifles and SMGs run out of ammo and therefore Bandolier is my preferred Perk 1 with these weapons (G36C or P90)

I have a problem with the LMGs as I instinctively reload after I've shot someone (and get shot halfway through the process).

Genie1

Remembered (1979 - 2009)
I have a problem with the LMGs as I instinctively reload after I've shot someone (and get shot halfway through the process).

Switch to your pistol mid reload then switch back :smashin:

Genie1

Remembered (1979 - 2009)
Does that work on all weapons? Might give that a try tonight if I get the chance.

I'm pretty sure it does :thumbsup:

I'm sure I've been reloading a sniper rifle and had to pull the pistol out to kill someone and then still had the reload the rifle. Same principle but the other way round :smashin:

Leumas_10

Established Member
These people sending abuse at peoples choice of perks really need to get a life. Same goes for abusing campers and snipers imo it's not cheating, it's just their approach - it does drive me crazy getting picked off from the other side of the map but I wouldn't think to send them abusive messages :rolleyes:. The only people that deserve abuse are the glitchers, but I really can't be bothered writing out messages mid game :confused:

Does the steady aim perk only help for hip fire accuracy?

SlinkDaddy

Prominent Member
Assuming it's not Hardcore i'd use Camouflage/UAV Jammer, Stopping Power and Extreme Conditioning. If it's hardcore then i'm happy with the perks in the groups they are already in, cos there is no point using stopping power on hardcore.

BTW Genie's tip of switching to the pistol and then back to your main weapon stops you reloading with all guns:smashin:. I used to have to do it all the time. I had a habit of reloading non stop, even sometimes before i'd killed the guy I was aiming at:mad::rolleyes:. It was a bit like snooker players that chalk their cue about 50 times between shots and then waggle their fingers about with their hand that's on the table:), I had the COD version of dartitis!

Last edited:

clc.sheff

Distinguished Member
Laggers deserve abusive messages. If ever I see I have a bad connection I quit the game and sort it out.

Just out of interest, what do you mean here Xabi. Sometimes my connection bars are below green. Does that mean I slow the game down for everyone else as well?

The latest video from AVForums

Is 8K TV dead? Philips OLED+907, Pioneer LX505 AVR plus B&W 700 S3 Reviews & Visit + AV/HiFi News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom