If you could Erase your memory...

Soundwave

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What 2 films would you erase from it???

1 HAS to be so bad you'd like to erase from memory forever to never darken your doorstep again

1 Has to be one you were so amazed by or enjoyed so much you'd like to erase it so you can watch it again to get that same feeling again.

Mine would be...

Ultraviolet - I would like to strike all recollection of that movie from existence... it was so bad I actually turned it off 35 minutes in, thats the only film in memory that I've had to do that too, I've given EVERYTHING else the benefit of the doubt to see if they improved
Even Bloodrayne, House of the Dead 1 & 2 were watched start to finish so they should give you some indication of just what I'll put up with :eek: :eek:
But that was just shocking & I couldnt take it anymore

Transformers: The movie - I would love to get back the feeling I had in '86 when I first watched this, the story, the animation, the whole thing had me mesmorized & I'd love to relive that moment again...preferably on the big screen with my Dad & brother just as it was the first time.

So what would be yours???

Sorry if this has been done before, just thought it might be fun :)

Neil

hmm......

ultraviolet was pretty bad :rotfl: but milla is V.NICE so will have to keep it :D

kingdom of heaven, that can go!

and the one i would love to erase and see again is T2 :cool:

was my favorite film for years, i know every line in the film :rotfl:

T2 and Back to the Future

Wipeout of a bad movie - probably Soldier Blue.
Not that it was badly made, it just left me feeling dirty and nauseous for a long while after.

Wipeout of a good movie - got to be Alien.
When I first viewed it in a blacked out widescreen cinema it scared the whatsits out of me and the missus.
I could never come anywhere near that original experience viewing it at home and, of course, knowing what is going to happen.

Would have to wipe out Dead Man Walking - got to be the worst movie I have ever seen

The good movie to wipe out would have to be The Usual Suspects - the first time I watch that movie was just fantastic, when it came to the end and the cop was sitting there looking at the notice board and slowly realisation dawned was just absolutley fantastic. I would so love to watch it for the first time again (on a slight tanget I remember seeing a picture of a poster for the movie in the underground where someone had drawn an arrow over Kevin Spaceys character saying "It was Him":D evil)

Erase Reservoir Dogs- absolute sh*te from start to finish.
Watch shawshank Redemption for the first time- every second, every word, every performance is pure class. Never before or since did so many hit the top of their game at once.

Bad Movie - Charlie's Angels 2. Complete and utter ****e in every possibly way. Even a car wash scene featuring the lovely Drew all lathered up couldn't save it. And don't even mention Demi Moore :eek:

Can't really think of a good movie I would like erased to see again. Maybe similar to others T2, Aliens something along those lines.

Bad Moviet to forget = Terminator 3......i've seen some crap movies, and some dreadful movies, but in some way they all had some reason worth watching however small, but T3, i'm sorry, but it had nothing, even the in-jokes (normally something i happily indulge in) couldnt get a smile from me......i can live with cash in films in most cases, but this was just abymsal, in fact, so abysmal i still dont own it on DVD despite owning such dross, well, the recent Cuba Gooding film with him being a washed up something or other and a woman in some secret services or something, oh i cant remember, but i tell ya what, i got more out of the film than T3!

Good film to forget = Star Wars.......sorry but this is the film of all films ever created, oh i know a lot of people thought Empire was the better of the original trilogy etc......but c'mon, think back honestly........the tatooine music when he looks out over the sunset......finds his parents smouldering........blasts off tatooine........manages to beat the laser probe with the visor down............then kenobi wandering around the death star........han trying to fob off the guy on the prison channel radio.......leia showing how bras done exist in space, just tape..........and then the glorious death of porkins on the trench run......vader chalking up his trigger..........han solo blazing in behind him, luke pulling off the shot that would bankrupt William Hill if they'd taken bets, and then the sheer pompostic finale of the award ceremony closing in to the credits..............

c'mon, wouldnt you wanna watch that again for the first time?

I would love to see 'Blade Runner' for the first time again.

Freddy got Fingered - proof that love is blind in a film bad enough to make you wish that you were...

Pulp Fiction. If you need telling why then we can't be friends.

If u forgot a bad film wouldnt u come across it again and watch it and have to endure it again lol

And the good film u might not come across and never watch it ;)

or i guess u ask someone to remind u, but if u have seen red dwarf it doesnt always work very well.

I would like to erase Eraserhead - never have I sat through another pile of garbage like that.

One to see again would be the original Halloween - scared the crap out of me at the cinema! :D

Bad film - The Avengers Well I presume it was bad all the way through, could only stomach the first 20 mins.
Good Film - Usual suspects,Seven or Jacobs ladder. Like to see any without knowing what happens at the end.

Land of the dead - After Georges fantastic trilogy 20 years ago & then 28 Days later, Shaun of the Dead and Dawn of the Dead 2004 all being good anticipation was high -but ........... it was ruddy crap !

I'd love to see "City of God" again, no film has blown me away as much as this Brazilian masterpiece ! Made the top 3 in last weeks "50 films to see before you die" - See its not just me!

;)

paulfoley said:
Land of the dead - After Georges fantastic trilogy 20 years ago & then 28 Days later, Shaun of the Dead and Dawn of the Dead 2004 all being good anticipation was high -but ........... it was ruddy crap !

Totally agree. I almost didnt get through it. Utter garbage.
*Erase*

But a classic i would like to see again...geeez...so many...but today i will choose...

The Matrix. :thumbsup: Classic, groundbreaking SciFi.

Hi,

I'd erase "The Blair Witch Project" for being one of the biggest piles of poo I ever sat through, but then I'd also erase the first time I saw "Betty Blue" on VHS, 'cause I just love that movie sooo much! :)

Pooch

Bad Film:
Alien3, the film itself isn't the worst I've seen but it was the most damaging.

Good Film:
The Terminator, it's so urgent and unrelenting I'd love to see it agin for the first time.

Film i'd wipe off the map for pure dissapointment - The Usual Suspects , everyone raved how great it was but it just left me feeling bored and you saw the ending coming a mile away.

Film I'd forget to watch again is a tie between 3-
Clerks (provided endless quotation fun for myself and friends, 37!)
Aliens (superior action and suspense plus Hudson game over man, game over) and last but not least:
Ghostbusters (tons of laughs, great effects and Bill Murray to boot)

Looks like you erased it from your minds already.

I'm surprised Dungeons & Dragons hasn't been mentioned.

Soundwave said:
Ultraviolet - I would like to strike all recollection of that movie from existence... it was so bad I actually turned it off 35 minutes in, thats the only film in memory that I've had to do that too, I've given EVERYTHING else the benefit of the doubt to see if they improved
Even Bloodrayne, House of the Dead 1 & 2 were watched start to finish so they should give you some indication of just what I'll put up with :eek: :eek:
But that was just shocking & I couldnt take it anymore

Neil
I would defo have to second the vote for ultraviolet ..... my god what a bad film , i thought how bad can it be ? i enjoyed the directors last film , i quiet enjoy a bit of sci-fi action , the trailers looked ok and there was a few nice ideas but the film sucked so bad , we actually watched it through to the end , no one told me it was a comedy !!! i had to drink alotta rum just to make it all the way through !!! i actually read on imdb that the studio didn't like wimmers first cut and totally re-edited before release ...... don't know if his first cut was any better but i really can't see how it could be any worse ....... if it weren't for the enjoyment of drinking rum for 2 hours i would want that time back !!!!

Bad film to erase... Not a single one - too risky, as I might end up watching it again by mistake !

Good film to erase - Jaws. 1976... 11 years old... not much of a clue about sharks. No film has made such an impact - couldn't go in the sea for YEARS without thinking...

1. Closer - Clive Owen's bad acting in that film has to go down in history. This film is made even more annoying to me by the fact that some people thought it was good. :suicide:

2. Excalibur - it was the first film I ever saw at a cinema without my parents, and has a raunchy nude scene, which, in 1981, at aged 14... :blush:

Ooh Good thread! :thumbsup:

Bad film to Erase.... Little Nicky, most defintely the worst film i have ever seen at the cinema! Thank God the fire alarm going off half way through gave me an excuse to take a breather or i may not be here today!! :suicide:

Good film..... There is so many.. ESB, T2, Alien but i'm gonna go with Braveheart just for the fact i was 14 odd when i first wacthed it round a mates house and didnt know anything at all about it and i just remember being blown away by it all, particularly the ending, i think its also the moment that really got me in to movies and when i started my VHS/DVD collection.

Rob

1) That would have to be Inspector Gadget. Please don't even ask what brought me to watch that at the movies!! :rolleyes:

2) I have to second (third, fourth, fifth, ...) Aliens
The thrill, suspense, spine tingle, I felt when watching that for the very first time in the middle of the night, home all alone, is unsurpassed.

3) Plus, I would like to erase all memory of the LOTR films and read the books again without any images (characters) from the films spoiling the experience (= my own imaginations).
In the unlikely case there's someone on here who hasn't seen the films yet - read the books first!! :thumbsup:

dc007 said:
Bad film to erase... Not a single one - too risky, as I might end up watching it again by mistake !

Good film to erase - Jaws. 1976... 11 years old... not much of a clue about sharks. No film has made such an impact - couldn't go in the sea for YEARS without thinking...

Agree totally- same age ,same year for me as well. Id already read the book and gone shark mad. Finally got to see it at Croydon ABC and can still remember the effect it had on me (and everyone else in the cinema!). Watching it in these "seen everything" days has nowhere near the same feeling as it had back then.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom