if you carn't find what you want modify somthing else

shoemaker666

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i wanted a 9 shelf cabinet for all of my stuff but couldnt find one.
to be layed out like this.

TV

sky + center speaker PS2

VCR switch box DVD player

VCR 2 AMP CD player

i came up with a good solution brought i side board from Argos and just didnt put the doors on or draws in . then cut out 4 new shelves using the existing ones as a template.

exellent well pleased exact size and height and spec i wanted in beech to so it matches all my other furniture

I've found a nine-shelf unit on the Ikea site for 90 pounds in a beech finish (nice with the Eltax Liberty floorstanders) - looks like six hifi-width slots plus three in the middle (fits the Nokia 221T). What's more, even the better half likes it....

whats the name of that shelving unit from ikea please?

Nathan

but will it handle 19" separates?

ad

I would doubt it - 19 inches is just about 48.3cm if my maths is correct, plus space either side for ventilation.... my Marantz 7400 is a good deal bigger than the old Yam RXV620 height-wise and especially front to back (463mm) - my Tosh TV stand cannae take it!!!!

I have the MAGIKER from ikea and the internal measurment of the outer compartments are 18 inches and the central one's are 9 and half inches with adjustable shelving.
In mine i have dvd,video,cable box on one side and xbox,ps2,pioneer vsx amp on the other,central speaker,dvd's,tapes and remotes in the middle.
Ikea also do a matching tv swivel for ontop which fits my 32 inch tv
http://www.ikea.co.uk/webapp/wcs/st...=7&langId=-20&catalogId=10101&productId=32213

The latest video from AVForums

Is Home Theater DEAD in 2024?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom