If UK ceases CO2 emissions today, will China's growth swamp this in only 2 years?

damo_in_sale

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Hi chaps,

I'm afraid I can't find a link to the source, so please discuss at your leisure. I however remember an article in the Telegraph which suggested that if all road transport ceased in the UK, then the increase in CO2 emissions from China alone would take up the slack in less than 60 days. The same article suggested that if the UK was to reduce CO2 output to nothing, then China’s increasing CO2 output would make up the difference in only two years.

Now, I want you ALL to keep on topic. If you have knowledge that suggests different figures, I want to hear it (NJP, that’s you). But I want this thread to remain on topic, please.

(Mods, please ensure that this thread remains on topic, thanks, Damo).

Kind regards,

Damo

The same article suggested that if the UK was to reduce CO2 output to nothing, then China’s increasing CO2 output would make up the difference in only two years.

In reality if every living human on this planet stopped producing CO2 not a single thread of difference would be made.

In reality if every living human on this planet stopped producing CO2 not a single thread of difference would be made.

It would ! We would all be dead :rotfl:

China is building a new coal powered power station every month, there current population is 1,313,973,713. In 2005 they consumed 47.91 billion cu m of Gas, 2.494 trillion kWh of Electricity (82% fossil fuel) and used 6.534 million bbl/day of oil.

By comparison the UK 60,609,153 population, 98.47 billion cu m of gas, 345.2 billion kWh of electricity, , 1.827 million bbl/day oil.

Although China has a Co2 output almost on par with the USA and set to surpass it this year, carbon output is based on per capita figures. When you look at Chinas output per person it stands at 3.2 tonnes, with USA leading the field with around 20 Tonnes per person, UK is around 9 tonnes and the world as a whole around 3.7.

So, infact, China is one of the last places we should be having a go at !

Looking at

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom