If this what it means to be "British".....

Berties

Banned
Not exactly the right way to put her opinion across. But tbh she has a point (immigration, amount of foreign workers- polish and from India/Pakistan taking NHS jobs)

I know of a factory the entire assembly line people are polish.

RMCF

Distinguished Member
Don't be putting yourselves down just because of isolated incidents.

Its not like all you Brits are rude and insulting. I'd say maybe around the 30% mark would be more accurate!

Only joking btw

But on a more serious note, I feel really sorry for the little boy. He seemed so innocent and what would have happened if his mum had gotten a slap for her sins? To have an idiot like that for a mum, has he much hope for his future?

Last edited:

GAZBEROTTEN

Well maybe if we where not so soft on immigration and actually tackled it incidents like this would very rarely occur. How long have immigrants been givien handouts such as benefits, cars, houses

See my point? This has been going on for over 10 years and we do need to crack down severely on immigration as we cant afford the handouts anymore especially insane benefit amounts for them . Ill bet you a big percentage of those immigrants get more than the basic state rate to who shouldn't.

A lot of country's wouldn't of given them anything. Russia is one and so is China. Its not like they can scream racist when they where given stuff that a lot of country's out there wouldn't.

As for that women her comments where disgusting and over the top however what will happen to her now that she spoke up?

Last edited:
Not exactly the right way to put her opinion across. But tbh she has a point (immigration, amount of foreign workers- polish and from India/Pakistan taking NHS jobs)

I know of a factory the entire assembly line people are polish.
I am still glad that the assembly line you mentioned is in this country. They could have moved to Poland and ship the stuff here....

IronGiant

You make a lovely couple: (

IronGiant

@ gaz I just meant your shared vitriol against immigrants, now you have me worried:)

Berties

Banned
I just meant your shared vitriol against immigrants, now you have me worried:)
Not against immigrants it's against over government. A little immigration is ok but when it's mass immigration what 150,000 a year?

I've seen first hand English people turned away in favour of immigrants (lower wages and also don't have any idea of workers rights)

IronGiant

Sorry Nathan, we cross posted, I was replying to Gaza with the shared vitriol/couple comment :)

IronGiant

You posted up a ten year old report :facepalm: bad form :nono:
:) the politics guys would be all over like a rash for a mistake like that. Good job you are amongst friends.

Last edited:

Derek S-H

Distinguished Member
She is inarticulate, uninformed and dim beyond words, but she also touches a nerve in how immigrants are portrayed by both the media and the government in this country - that they take rather than contribute, that they are leeches and not providers, that they are "other" and not like "us".

It is tired, typical scapegoating but it's the complacency of the authorities which frightens me.

They could easily do more to allay people's fears and concerns, but seem happy to divide and rule, to leave the "rabble" to fight it out amongst themselves.

There really ought to be an informed Parliamentary debate about immigration with independent facts, figures and statistics and then people can make up their own minds on where they stand.

Derek

Graham27

GAZBEROTTEN said:
See further proof this immigration is getting way out of hand
Couldn't be further from 'proof', I'm afraid. The article is actually over 13 years old, so totally unrelated to the current issues regarding immigration. That article is about poor management of the Health industry and under-funding of the NHS leading to a shortage of staff.
MORE THAN half the doctors registering in Britain are now from overseas, because of the shortage of those qualified in this country

Dr Peter Hawker, chairman of the BMA's consultants committee, also accused the Government of bleeding poor countries dry of talent to fill a gap in the British NHS.
Pesky immigrants, filling those essential jobs and helping cure our ill! ;)

If a foreigner is the best person for a NHS job, I say give it to them. I'd rather be looked after by the best-qualified person. I live in Jersey, and every medical professional I've dealt with since I've been here has been an 'outsider' - all English. There's hundreds of ex-NHS staff working in the Channel Islands. Why? More jobs available, more money, better quality of life. Same goes for the thousands of ex-NHS staff in Australia. So, if UK Health staff can work elsewhere simply because they want to better themselves, why shouldn't foreign doctors work in the UK?

Last edited:

Axel40

Banned
Wow.

What do you say to that. I think she is just Chav Scum myself BUT on the other hand things are spiraling out of control. That doesn't excuse that kind of madness though.

Am I allowed to say that, imo I think the country has allowed it to go to far?

Dunno, gotta be careful how you say things these days but this isn't the way to deal with the problem though and tbh it just makes things worse.

I think she just read about the Dancing Immigrant guy and realised he got more benefits than she did :laugh:

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: The Best TVs and Projectors of 2020, plus AV, TV Show & Movie News & Reviews
Top Bottom