If this what it means to be "British".....

Mr Incredible

Distinguished Member
... count me out.

Youtube - "My Tram Experience".

i47HoiM0Au8

** Warning - Very Strong and Abusive language from a woman with her child **

I've just lifted my jaw off the floor to post the link.

I must live a sheltered existence in the sleepy North West because I've never heard such open racial abuse. That and the swearing in front of young children.

Words fail me.

Educated Guess

At least most of the other commuters acted with dignity although I would have liked a few of them to stand up and voice their concerns.
Still a shocking watch but I have come across a few people like that in my time.

Sartios

Banned
I can understand the hate for all the diversity in England, the fact there are so many different races in our community now and alot of people don't like that, but seriously this woman gives British a bad name, stupid girl.

It makes me feel sick that some people are like that.... foreigners are coming over here blah blah so what? get over it, blame the government, not the foreigners, they are being given a oppertunity from our government, who wouldn't take the oppertunity to leave their god forsaken lands to come to this country.

Sadly though, I get this alot around my area, some call it Patriotism, some call it jumping on the bandwagon, it's pathetic really, Yeah ok if we was to go to a foreign country we would not get the same treatment as they do when they come here, but they are doing what Brits don't want to do, they will work all day to earn their bread, and do the jobs that Brits are too lazy to do.

Last edited:

djcla

Distinguished Member
Some of the comments on the video are worse than the video :(. What sickens me is that some folk actually think like that

Sartios

Banned
Of course you will get people who think like that, in this day and age the country has changed so much, since the days and era of WWII, the people back then were so different, the country on a whole was different, the power money hungry government are to blame, they are the ones ruining the country.

What these idiots (woman in video) seem to forget, or not learn, is that the British Empire was one of the biggest empires in the world, and that the British invaded other countries and done alot worse than the foreigners are doing this country now.

Last edited:

Dony

Distinguished Member
I can understand the hate for all the diversity in England, the fact there are so many different races in our community now and alot of people don't like that, but seriously this woman gives British a bad name, stupid girl.

It makes me feel sick that some people are like that.... foreigners are coming over here blah blah so what? get over it, blame the government, not the foreigners, they are being given a oppertunity from our government, who wouldn't take the oppertunity to leave their god forsaken lands to come to this country.

I don't understand the need for this sweeping statement. Not all non nationals in England come from war torn countries or are asylum seekers.
I lived in England for almost 4 yrs. I didn't leave a god forsaken land behind, I just wanted to experience life in a different country.

Sartios

Banned
I don't understand the need for this sweeping statement. Not all non nationals in England come from war torn countries or are asylum seekers.
I lived in England for almost 4 yrs. I didn't leave a god forsaken land behind, I just wanted to experience life in a different country.
Yes I respect that, but the majority of people in this time, are coming from countries which are war stricken, poverty famine etc, but there are alot who aren't like yourself, my statement wasn't intended that everyone who is coming over come from that area, but alot are.

Apologies if it offended you.

Dony

Distinguished Member
Yes I respect that, but the majority of people in this time, are coming from countries which are war stricken, poverty famine etc, but there are alot who aren't like yourself, my statement wasn't intended that everyone who is coming over come from that area, but alot are.

Apologies if it offended you.
It didn't offend me...I just read it as an unnecessary generalisation.

Gunhawk

Novice Member
sitting here fuming,

wonder if she didnt have a child on her lap if she would have gotten a slap for good measure

jdevil

Distinguished Member
Sad this is trending worldwide, represents a very negative view of England. Very sad on the poor child as well...

That said Racism isn't a common issue in this country, I think the media should let it be and ignore like they do edl and bnp.

The poor lad at the back seems to be crying isn't he?

nheather

Suspended
She is totally out of order.

But you get bad apples in every country.

I get frustrated how the British feel they have to do themselves down - just find one example and say "look aren't the British rubbish".

Equally I could find a video or story of some Somalian (insert alternative country of your choice) extremist and say "is this what it means to be Somalian?". Of course it isn't, it's just what it means to be one stupid Somalian individual.

The reality is that in general I believe that the British are one of the most tolerant people in the world.

Cheers,

Nigel

DaveBhoy

Really disgusting. Can't believe she wasn't pulled up- I'm fairly sure if it had been a guy, or possibly if she didn't have the kid with her, there would've been a very different outcome.

And she'd deserve everything she gets- racist scumbag.

emporer

Banned
What a vile waste of skin that creature is, how she could talk like that to people and with her small child right next to her is just not computing with me, she really is just a horrible being.

I feel so sorry for that child, poor thing will probably be raised thinking stuff like that is normal. I hope the appropriate authorities see this video and take action, and take the child away to a better environment.

DeAdSoUls

sitting here fuming,

wonder if she didnt have a child on her lap if she would have gotten a slap for good measure
Why are you fuming? Not as if it's your problem.:rolleyes::rolleyes:
It goes on, deal with it.

loz_the_guru

The problem is she's too inarticulate to voice what is clearly a valid and considered opinion. This guy is much more coherent and presents the argument in a persuasive and accessible manner:

RottenFox

Distinguished Member
She's right though, the ones that come from Sibe****inglibfagrifaorwhereeveryoucomefrom, they're the worst. :rotfl:

Looks like she's on something/mental/snorted too many turkey twizzlers.

Disgusting Idiot, pity someone never smacked her.

DaveBhoy

Good.
Any sort of luck, social services will intervene and take the kid to somewhere it stands half a chance of having a decent upbringing.

pandemic

I'm guessing this will have millions of views by the end of the week and international news coverage. Not the best advert for the nation prior to the Olympics.

dj_padd

police said:
As a result, we need anyone who witnessed this incident, or with any information that could assist our investigation - including the identity of the woman - to contact us
so she has been arrested and police have video evidence yet they ask for witnesses and the identity of the women?

FZR400RRSP

Banned
dj_padd said:
so she has been arrested and police have video evidence yet they ask for witnesses and the identity of the women?
An important part of a witness statement is that they testify how they felt during the incident, which is something a video cannot really portray. Those who stand doing/saying nothing during the video may have been petrified their safety was threatened and a riot was going to kick off.
They need the safety of a post-incident statement.
And she might be giving the police an alias, hence the need to fully establish her identity.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Best Hi-Fi products of 2020, Plus Best of the Month for TV Shows & Movies

Latest News

AVForums Podcast: 25th November 2020
  • By Phil Hinton
  • Published
Sky agrees movie deal with Entertainment One
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
What's new on Amazon Prime Video UK for December 2020
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Lypertek renames TEVI wireless earphones to PurePlay Z3
  • By Andy Bassett