If this rumour is true, we are doomed!!

Jon Weaver

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Born in Bristol but now in Newport, (for my sins)
I know its only a rumor, but how many rumors are fueled by truths?

Microsoft's Name Mentioned In Potential Activision Buy-out | TheSixthAxis

Considering how Activision treat PS3 owners today.. If they were bought by MS, then I have no doubt that things would get much MUCH worse for us.. The biggest surprise I had when reading this was that Activision have huge debt burden.. How? With the profits from the COD franchise alone, there is no way that they should be in debt..

Either way, this rumor makes for uncomfortable reading and in truth, if this ever happened, I don't think I would have any choice but to jump ship and join MS, which after all is exactly what they want us to do.

Fingers crossed there is no substance to this.

Jon

I know its only a rumor, but how many rumors are fueled by truths?

Microsoft’s Name Mentioned In Potential Activision Buy-out | TheSixthAxis

Considering how Activision treat PS3 owners today.. If they were bought by MS, then I have no doubt that things would get much MUCH worse for us.. The biggest surprise I had when reading this was that Activision have huge debt burden.. How? With the profits from the COD franchise alone, there is no way that they should be in debt..

Either way, this rumor makes for uncomfortable reading and in truth, if this ever happened, I don't think I would have any choice but to jump ship and join MS, which after all is exactly what they want us to do.

Fingers crossed there is no substance to this.

Jon

If MS said jump off a cliff, would you?

It's just a rumour, no point in speculating m8.

If they did buy it. Contracts and developments will be in place to not affect this generation. It would be a PS4 / Xbox 720 issue in 2014 onwards.

Wouldn't surprise me if they did. Though I couldn't give a monkeys to be fair.

Unless Black Ops 2 is something exceptional, I'd say I bought my last COD last November. Roll on Respawns new game next spring.

AnthonyG said:
Well Black Ops 1 certainly was so we should be pretty safe :)

Dillusional as always Anth.

Black Ops was a mess for months. People seem to forget that. It was the game that pretty much ended the community here.

Dillusional as always Anth.

Black Ops was a mess for months. People seem to forget that. It was the game that pretty much ended the community here.
What people also forget is this was just on the PS3.

The difference between the Ps3 and Xbox360 graphics wise for Black Ops is literally like playing the latest incarnations of Fifa on the PS3 and then trying out the PS2 version of it.

AnthonyG said:

The difference between the Ps3 and Xbox360 graphics wise for Black Ops is literally like playing the latest incarnations of Fifa on the PS3 and then trying out the PS2 version of it.

This is the ps3 section though so people will be picking it up for that

in love blops its amazing

Well this is the PS3 section Anth so I guess that's all that's relevant to most.
"In your opinion" Black ops was good. In my opinion it wasn't. It certainly divided people. My point was, if it divides people again then it's the same old **** and I won't bother.

If it addresses issues and gets reviewed well here(particularly by people that weren't too keen on Black Ops 1) then I'll give it a shot.

I wasn't too keen on Blops 1... to begin with... but I stuck with it and tbh, it was one of the most balanced and well thought-out of the CoD iterations... now it's one of my favorites. But it doesn't have that draw you back for more fervor like MW1 (for gameplay reasons) and MW2 (for challenges reasons). So I haven't ever put it back in my PS3.

Graphically I thought it was poor, audio was laughable, but for every douchebag setup you had a counter to it. I think it divided people because not many gave it a chance past the initial growing pains that every CoD has (and well, MW3 still has, yet people continue to play it).

Black Ops was the worst CoD ever.

It looked hideous coming from MW2.
It felt slow.
It didn't feel like CoD.

I hope Microsoft buy Activision :):):) That way the PlayStation platform will be pure and owners will realise that there are MUCH better games out there than the same old dirge pumped out of Activision offices year after year.:laugh:

You're the worst CoD ever.

Black Ops was the worst CoD ever.

It looked hideous coming from MW2.
It felt slow.
It didn't feel like CoD.

The problem was MW2 was too fast. And they needed to slow it down.

Blops tried its way, MW3 has tried theirs. Blops way is better IMHO. I cannot stand MW3 for having no marathon.

I'd say Blops feels more like "COD" than MW3/MW2 does. Have you actually played Call of Duty 1? Do you honestly feel it plays like MW2/3?

I have been playing Blops since the double weapons XP over the weekend and I'd say its perfect, except for the RCXD. The maps, the guns, the balance everything. I play MW3 and I get angry at it.

The problem was MW2 was too fast. And they needed to slow it down.

Blops tried its way, MW3 has tried theirs. Blops way is better IMHO. I cannot stand MW3 for having no marathon.

I'd say Blops feels more like "COD" than MW3/MW2 does. Have you actually played Call of Duty 1? Do you honestly feel it plays like MW2/3?

I have been playing Blops since the double weapons XP over the weekend and I'd say its perfect, except for the RCXD. The maps, the guns, the balance everything. I play MW3 and I get angry at it.

You only think Blops is perfectly balanced because you're coming from MW3 :D

Remember buying Blops?
Remember trying to play it for the first 6 months?

I can . . .the problem with CoD users is they seem to have very short memories - there are SO MANY CoDs out, that when the latest one is out. . .they forget about the transition they had to the CoD before that. Suddenly everything looks Rosey.

AK74u was AWFUL in Blops. . . Galil. . .FAMAS.

The AK74u was HILARIOUSLY overpowered. . .you had to listen to that annoying tinny bullet sound CONSTANTLY in every map.

That's when you found a game. . .as for the first 6 months (Treyarch style!!!) you were booted out to the lobby constantly.

BlOps was just slow. . .boring. . .monotonous. . .drab old graphics with 300% more light blooming to try and make it nice. . . and filled with AK74u FAMAS folk.

If those connection issues and gun problems didn't make you want to rip your face off at being promised "it's gone back to CoD 4 , we're less about kill streaks more about gun play" then I'm sure the remote control exploding racing cars at 3 kills (or was it 2 :laugh::laugh: ) annoyed you - and if by then that didn't annoy you then how about some people camping for Dogs? What about last stand? Healing?

I still have nightmares about BlOps. It ruined CoD for me. Treyarch ruined it.

I find it deeply disturbing that just because it wasn't the latest CoD - you seem to have forgotten what it was like.

Last edited:
You only think Blops is perfectly balanced because you're coming from MW3 :D

Remember buying Blops?
Remember trying to play it for the first 6 months?

I can . . .the problem with CoD users is they seem to have very short memories - there are SO MANY CoDs out, that when the latest one is out. . .they forget about the transition they had to the CoD before that. Suddenly everything looks Rosey.

So ok, lets follow your argument to fruition. Black Ops was broken for 6 months. Its not broken now. And its brilliant now. Why still rag on the thing.

Why criticise something on the basis it was once broken now its fixed.

Yes Treyach could/should have fixed it sooner. But its now fixed and brilliant. Play the thing, enjoy.

They never fixed the fact it's cod in slow motion with remote controlled explosives every couple of kills.

On that basis - an the length of time needed to patch BlOps .... How can one happily throw money at Activision again without question

I don't remember it being broke for 6 months. 3-4 month maybe, but even then, when you got a game it was playable and fun... not like MW3...

The ak74u was never OP... people just used it a lot. The Famas was a little OP because it had the same ROF as an SMG but the bullet damage/distance drop of an AR and little recoil. That was the only gun that really needed a major workover.

No one is contending that BO had breathtaking graphics and audio... it was a damn good balanced game.

P.S. Spectre >>>>>>>>>>> AK74u in most aspects. (the only drawback from memory was it didn't have ExMags)

They never fixed the fact it's cod in slow motion with remote controlled explosives every couple of kills.

On that basis - an the length of time needed to patch BlOps .... How can one happily throw money at Activision again without question

If its too slow, use Lightweight Perk.

And if you don't like the RCXD play Competitive mode.

I recall BLOPS - I had only 2000 kills in 2 months of it being released as I got so sick of being kicked,disconnected and not being able to party up with friends.
It took them a while to fix it that's for sure.

MW3 however has gone the other way and thus 6 months in it's been played less and less.

I haven't played MW3 in the past 2-3 months... I played BO right up until BF3 was released. Now I'm playing Diablo III on my centuries old computer :)

I haven't played it since January. Didn't even download the first set of maps on the 360!!

Can't see me touching COD on this generation again TBH.

None of them have been perfect. The last 2 have only ever lasted me until January so rather than persevere in hope that the games are patched to work how they should. I'm just going to save my money and enjoy gaming with other games instead. As that's what gaming is all about in honesty. Enjoyment. Some enjoy playing COD and nothin else regardless of how it plays. Good for them. Entirely their choice. Certainly makes reading these threads amusing now and then at least.

The only good things about blops was Zombies.

CoD 4 was the best in the franchise, I doubt any other CoD game ever will overrule that.

Actually, for months 2-6 after release, I'd say MW2 was the best in the franchise.

Yeah. . .I just wish people would stop getting burned by CoD and vowing never to buy it again.

Only to make up an excuse for buying such as:

"Treyarch will have learned from the past. Those connection errors and balance issues, and awful perks, and awful killstreak rewards will be fixed" . . .even though that's what they said after Waw.

or

"Infinity Ward will have learned from the past with all the overpowered perks and killstreak rewards and no recoil guns" . . . even though that's what they said after MW2.

Just look at the evidence. Look at your personal experience. Make the informed decision not to fund such lazy repetitive gunk. Force devs to change. It's in your hands.

You have an awful experience, and yet the next year you make up reasons to take a chance on this version. Makes me sad.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom