1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

If Owl screens are no good, what is?

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by charles smith, Sep 18, 2003.

1. charles smith

charles smith

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have recently placed an order for a 16:9 Owl screen (6ft wide) for £600, so am horrified to read the numerous posts about Owl screens having distorted edges and incorrect sizing.

I will cancel the order, but what is a good reliable replacement?

2. MrTaylor

MrTaylor

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have a few friends with Owl screens but unfortunately they have complained of the same problems, more with curling of the screens on the sides, probably to do with build quality.

I have recently purchased a 16:9 Draper Baronet electric screen and its a real beauty! I got it from a local supplier called Purple Cat Ltd in Northampton. www.purple-cat.co.uk

The screen is of good quality and is a lot better than some of the cheap screens out there (we have a few Owl screens at work too) Anyway from my experience it seems to be great.

Hope you get it sorted out.

3. Geoffc10

Geoffc10

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    One reason why I went for an OWL fixed screen, no ripples etc. one of my best purchases

4. Messiah

Messiah

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +339
    I wish I culd, but my screen is mounted part way into the room behind a beam. has to be electric. Still waiting for a response from Owl :(

AV-Sales have been great though. They're doing their best to get it sorted but don't seem to be getting much support :(