• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

If my budget for a laptop is approx £500, would this be a good deal

saadgooner

Standard Member

Aevolve

Sony Vaios are generally overpriced, dell are usually more reasonable but acers 5738G is a pretty good deal with ati graphics 4G ram and 320G HDD however it has a replacement, the 5740 which was changed to suit an I3 processor and extra ram capacity (though it only comes with 4G) the only real difference between the acer 5740 and the second vaio listed is a slightly smaller HDD and it is much cheaper.
For around £529 dell have laptops with good processors and graphics but are a bit down on RAM (it is very easy to upgrade RAM however. They even have an I5 for less than £600 which is quite impressive. the bottom of this list are the reasonable dells. Personally I would choose the acer 5740 but some places may have good deals on other brands, shop around with a few see which you can find the cheapest of the dells, 5740 and the second vaio.

The latest video from AVForums

Fidelity in Motion's David Mackenzie talks about his work on disc encoding & the future of Blu-ray
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom