if jamo C-912 and/VS klipsch R-120sw are in the same price which one should i buy?

jamo C912 or klipsch R-120sw same price which one will you pick?

• Total voters

zander1989

Novice Member
hello guys ,

where i live i only can get one of these , other better options at the same price are not availble here so please no other recommendations.

both the c912 and the 120sw have the same price currently

i looked at some reviews but that made me more confused

so which one should i get ? which one got the deeper bass?

info

i use it for movies and music

the set up is jamo S809 5.0 HCS and denon x1700h

i live in an appartment (neighbours only under me , no side neighbours or upper )

Last edited:

Gasp3621

Distinguished Member
Hey! Klipsch owns Jamo these days and they share similar design, parts etc. The two models you mentioned have identical specs so the performance is very much similar. Jamo C 912 has slightly larger and heavier cabinet plus front firing port so that would be my choice from the two with identical pricing assuming the warranty is same for both models.

As you live in apartment you could try placing the sub near the listener either side or behind of the couch so you don´t have to run it so loud to get good impact. Bothering neighbours less this way. Some people say that adding isolation pad under the sub has helped regarding downstair neighbours as the sub isn´t directly on floor. Thick heavy slab of granite/concrete would do the same if more affordable.

Amazon product

Last edited:

zander1989

Novice Member
Hey! Klipsch owns Jamo these days and they share similar design, parts etc. The two models you mentioned have identical specs so the performance is very much similar. Jamo C 912 has slightly larger and heavier cabinet plus front firing port so that would be my choice from the two with identical pricing assuming the warranty is same for both models.

As you live in apartment you could try placing the sub near the listener either side or behind of the couch so you don´t have to run it so loud to get good impact. Bothering neighbours less this way. Some people say that adding isolation pad under the sub has helped regarding downstair neighbours as the sub isn´t directly on floor. Thick heavy slab of granite/concrete would do the same if more affordable.

Amazon product

i read this in another forums
"The C 912 is 75W RMS & 300W peak. The R-120SW is 200W RMS & 400W peak"

the numbers are true but i dont know if this will make noticeable difference ?
what do you think?

Last edited:

Gasp3621

Distinguished Member
i read this in another forums
"The C 912 is 75W RMS & 300W peak. The R-120SW is 200W RMS & 400W peak"

the numbers are true but i dont know if this will make noticeable difference ?
what do you think?

There must be typo cause many sites lists the C912 specs as:

Frequency Response: 29Hz - 125Hz
  • Amp: Class D, Analogue preamp stage
  • Amp Power: 200W RMS / 400W Peak
  • Woofer: 12" Long-Throw IMG
  • Maximum Output: 110dB
  • Enclosure construction: MDF
  • Bass Reflex via Front-Firing Tube Port
  • In: Dual RCA/LFE Line In, WA-2 Wireless Port
  • Dimensions (HWD): 454 x 356 x 480 mm
  • Weight:18.94kg

Gasp3621

Distinguished Member
The spec might be right, just sounds very low the RMS figure. Erin tested both subs the Jamo and Klipsch which is the earlier R-12SW however it`s identical to R-120SW by specs. The Jamo was picked best after the Infinity subs as he measured both. You don´t need massive output and the Jamo had more linear frequency response without any boost like the Klipsch had, also it didn´t make any odd noises. There is reports for port noise and amp failures for that Klipsch sub. Actually the R12-SW died in this review, haha. Make sure you have full warranty which ever you buy cause these subs use the cheapest China amps. If you listen the clip go from 10min forward.

The latest video from AVForums

Samsung QN95B 4K QLED TV Review
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom