1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

If i cancel sky package?

Discussion in 'Sky Digital TV Forum' started by Elektron, Dec 11, 2003.

1. Elektron

Elektron

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    another daft question here, anyone point me to a web site for this?
    If i cancel my sky i read on this forum that "After a SKY subscription is cancelled the smartcard will continue to allow viewing of the FTV channels on SKY digital, this allows the ex-customer to re-subscribe easily and obviously benefits SKY who then don't have to issue a new card."

is this correct and if so is there a site that will tell me what i will still recive with my original card.

cheers
    Elektron

2. Starburst

Starburst

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +979

If you have any doubts about the use of a current subscription smartcard after you cancel then just give SKY a ring or email them:)

Without any card you will receive these FTA channel, with a FTV or ex-sub smartcard you also get ITV1 (all regions), CH4 and Five plus postcode mapping of the BBC regional channels.

3. slingshot

slingshot

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +32
    Sorry to butt in but a friend of mine wants to get rid of his Sky subscription. How would you go about getting an FTV card, just in case his Sky card get's screwed up by Sky (yes they've done it to me ! once).

Are these the cards you can get from the BBC ?

Cheers

Slingshot

4. Starburst

Starburst

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +979
    The BBC no longer have anything to do with supplying FTV cards to receive the other UK terrestrial channels on Dsat.
    For now you can get a new FTV card for £23.50 via a scheme operated by Ch4 here.