1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

If I cancel my Sky subscription

Discussion in 'Sky Digital TV Forum' started by M@tt_UK, Apr 4, 2004.

1. M@tt_UK

M@tt_UK

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I am getting fed up with the complete lack of customer service from sky, the only way it seems to get any action out of them, is to threaten to cancel my subscription.

If I cancel my Sky subscription what channels will I be left with? I don't want the kids to lynch me ;)

I am not sure if I can get "free view" or not, as the information I am getting is conflicting.

Thanks

2. Starburst

Starburst

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +979
    Pull the smartcard out, those channels that are left you will continure to get after you cancel.
    The FTV (Free To View) channels ITV1, CH4 and Five should continue to work on an ex-subscription smartcard but I have read posts that claim after cancelling even some former subscribers have lost those, bit sceptical of that but I haven't tried it myself so can't dissmiss theirs claims off hand:)

As for Freeview, is there a local retailer that will give a no questions asked full refund on a STB or don't you know anyone that can lend you their STB to try out?