if i buy Sky+ digibox independantly

deltafx

do i have to have it connected to a phone line.? how much will a scond hand pace box cost .?will they pair my card with new box with out phone line .?do i have to install a Quad lnb or will a twin do the job.?

FRANTIC FRANC

Novice Member
Twin LNB is fine for just one Sky+ box.

The phone line issue is not really clear at the moment but I can confirm I have done one this week in a caravan and we did not need the phone line to pair the card when paired to second hand Sky+ box.

Cheers, Franc

triplea4uk

Quad are easier to find and Twin ones were known for being faulty for the mini dishes.

You only need the phone line connected if you are still in 12 month contract or with to use the interactive stuff like ordering.

Depends what place you get the second hand pace box from and size of the hard drive but they will be £50+

pregmeier

Standard Member
As Franc said, it is not clear atm.

I guess that if you buy the box yourself, Sky will not care. You did not get any interactive discount on that.

One thing is sure: They can't take away the box you bought yourself. They could turn off the viewing card, but they would really be stupid if they did this.

earwax

As Franc said, it is not clear atm.

I guess that if you buy the box yourself, Sky will not care. You did not get any interactive discount on that.

One thing is sure: They can't take away the box you bought yourself. They could turn off the viewing card, but they would really be stupid if they did this.
:confused: Are they bright enough to realise that?:devil:

deltafx

Twin LNB is fine for just one Sky+ box.

The phone line issue is not really clear at the moment but I can confirm I have done one this week in a caravan and we did not need the phone line to pair the card when paired to second hand Sky+ box.

Cheers, Franc

i want to install it in a carvavan .just not sure about The phone line issue .?
might just go for it. by the way what area do you install.?

FRANTIC FRANC

Novice Member
Lincolnshire. The guy I fitted last week had the standard box under the £25 no phone line connection deal costing him £25. He had already got a Sky+ box, I fitted a Quad LNB and second cable for an extra £20 and after a week he got the card paired to the Sky+ with no problems.

If you get through to the Indian call centre they will pair cards without a call back being done every time.

Cheers, Franc

eastman3000

Novice Member
So......if I have a twin LNB. And I know the previous owers of the home I live in did have Sky +.

Can I get Sky+ by just buying the box independantly? Or do I have to subscibe?

A

alternate

you can buy your own sky+, but if you want to use any plus feature it will cost £10 a month. You can get just the plus sub on a freesat account - but you might have a hard job finding anyone is CS who knows what you are talking about.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Q Acoustics Q3030i, Humax Aura, Roku Streambar & WandaVision Reviews and more...
Top Bottom