If I buy my own Sky HD box, can I cancel my Sky HD subscription at any time?

Discussion in 'Sky Digital TV Forum' started by spanky2k, Sep 14, 2007.

1. spanky2k

spanky2k

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +49
    Hi guys,

I'm planning on moving in a couple of months but since it all depends on finding somewhere else to live, it could take a while. I'm thinking of buying a whole new set up soon and I'd really like Sky HD to be part of it. Now I know that if you get Sky HD through Sky then you're locked in to a 1 year contract, at least I think you are. I've been a Sky customer for over five years now. The thing is, when I leave here I'll be letting the place out and I'd like to but my old SD Sky box back here and take the Sky HD box with me to wherever I go. So I would of course want to bring down my subscription here to SD only.

Is this possible?

Spanky

2. fredsie

fredsie

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +108
    I guess you mean if you take out an HD sub now, what will happen if you move within 12 months? You can just take your HD box (and sub) to your new address at any time. Your sub is not "locked" to any particular address (although of course there's a charge if you want Sky to set up a dish at the new property). You'd then need to take out a further sub to cover the SD service at the old address.

3. spanky2k

spanky2k

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +49
    Ok thanks. That should be ok then. :)