• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

If can't get LG BD390 or Sony S760, then what....

Sor

Standard Member
Hi All,
Had decided on the Lg Bd390 or Sony BDP S760 but as you all probably know, they are not so easy to get hold of, particularly the LG. (and I live in N.Ireland, so some sellers add on quite a lot of p&p!)

SO..... what blu-ray player would you suggest instead? Say, up to £250, though under £200 would be nice.

Or, should I just wait for the next round of blu ray players? (When do the companies bring out their new players?)

Things I think, I think are important....
Picture/sound quality obviously.
Scaling up of DVDs
Quiet operation during quiet-ish bits in the film.
Quickish load times.
WiFi
Being able to fast forward and not just chapter-skip.

In-between factors...
Streaming from laptop vs iplayer/Lovefilm. The iplayer bit is probably more useful as then I don't have to connect up my laptop. Not really a problem at the moment, but more thinking of 'future-proofing' here.

Not so important....
It won't be connected to any external/home cinema speakers. Just my philip's 9604-series tv.
3D. Don't have a 3D tv, and not likely to buy one in a hurry.

Ta for any suggestions.

njdbaxter

Prominent Member
sony bdp s570, if you can find one. can be controlled with iphone or touch. its wireless, the s470 isthe same but only lan ready

im from belfast and cant find one as off yet

try the samsung c6500, its wireless and is £178 in amazon.co.uk

hoegaardenruls

Standard Member
If you want to futureproof, go with the Sony, as this years models are 3D capable.

Also you can save £30 with the trade-in scheme - I've just gone with the S470 as I didn't need wifi, and traded in a 6yr old Alba which I was given as a freebie, and had been gathering dust most of the time.

The latest video from AVForums

SVS Prime Wireless Pro Powered Speakers - Review Coming Soon
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom