If any tv manufacturers are reading this I have a request for a feature

Chox1988

Distinguished Member
I dunno if anyone else likes the idea of this, but its something i thought could be good. So we all have two calibrated settings for our tv's (as subsettings of each app and input), day and night, dark and light, call it whatever, I want my tv to sync to the local weather over the internet, and auto swap between the two when it changes from sundown to sunrise. Theres such a massive difference where my tv is from one setting to the other, I know some living rooms aren't but a lot are. Whats everyone think?

Thanks

Edit: To add, i know it has a light sensor that can auto adjust the picture as the day goes on but i dont wanna use that, i want two hard pre programmed settings that flip between.

mike7

Distinguished Member
Quite pointless! Day progresses into night. It's not like God switches it off with a light switch. Daylight varies according to the weather and the time of year.

Chox1988

Distinguished Member
Quite pointless! Day progresses into night. It's not like God switches it off with a light switch. Daylight varies according to the weather and the time of year.
Fair play, I do get that but its better than nothing is my thinking, day is always relatively bright in front of a window, certainly bright enough to warrant daytime tv settings, no-one normal has settings for every weather, just day and night, and it saves me having to click it over manually, basically its just me being lazy :blush::rotfl:

The latest video from AVForums

Movies Podcast: Star Trek in 4K. Is the new boxset worth it?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom