1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

IF 4805 upside down mounting in shelf unit

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by john<|>nhoj, Feb 11, 2005.

1. john<|>nhoj

john<|>nhoj

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I was wondering if someone else had a similar situation or may be able to help out.

In the next couple of months I intend to get a 4805.

Just been to Sevenoaks in Whitam very helpful guy there went through the whole unit... Unfortunately my chosen location means the image will need to be inverted with the unit upside down.

I intend to mount it high in one of these on the wall horizontally...

http://www.ikea.com/webapp/wcs/stor...Id=10101&storeId=7&langId=-20&productId=11317

but the image needs to be inverted due to the lens set up...

What I was wondering is there an easy way to mount these upside down, will I need a bracket? I will only have the height of the shelf to play with which is 25cm... trouble is adjustment will be needed to align with the screen...

Recommendations? or DIY brackets that could be used?

Intend to get an electronic screen from DRH Slimline 240 203x114 based on recommendations from here (thanks...)

John

2. KraGorn

KraGorn

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +27
    I mounted a Z2 upside down in a wall unit using a standard ceiling mount bolted to the underside of a shelf, worked fine even though it looked a tad strange. The one I used was similar to the top one on this page I think.