1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

iee 1394 issues

Discussion in 'Camcorders, Action Cams & Video Editing Forum' started by lhr, Apr 16, 2005.

1. lhr

lhr

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi. Trying to get my iee1394 (Firewire) working with my Panasonic NS-DV11B mini-DV camcorder. I installed a 1394 card ok in the PC (PC detects the card fine, says all is OK) but the capture/editing software (both Pinacle and Movie Maker) don't detect the device. I'm assuming I'm missing Panasonic specific software drivers but there weren't any with the camcorder (fyi, the camcorder is ~ 5 years old).

Any thoughts?

2. fcat

fcat
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    what operating software you using ?

3. MarkE19

MarkE19

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,393
    If you have Windows XP with SP2 then this may well be the problem. Do a search on this forum for 'XP SP2' and 'Panasonic' camcorders as it has been covered a few times and may well help.

Don't worry about 'drivers' for your camcorder as they are not required for firewire. Windows from 98se has all the required software for connecting a camcorder to PC via firewire.

Mark.

4. lhr

lhr

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I'm using XP SP2. I'll do the search as suggested and see what turns up.

Thanks.

5. ptek

ptek

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    First thing you need to do is to confirm DV port is OK, connect to another Camera or DVD recorder with DV in, as XP SP1 +SP2 will detect and load into your Scanner/Cameras folder in Control Panel, no specific panasonic drivers are required