IE browser 'History': Can Microsoft do anything properly?

ldoodle

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Attachments

• web-history.png
    web-history.png
    9.9 KB · Views: 129
It's a common issue - happens all the time with google - you click back, go to some google forward link then end up back where you started, where you expect to end up back at the google result page.

No issue here on Firefox, probably just the way your browser works.

No issue here on Firefox, probably just the way your browser works.

Intersting. Just tried in Chrome and it doesn't happen in that either. I'm using IE9/10

Can the title be changed to 'Can Microsoft do anything properly' :laugh:

IE9 is crap

alot of times streaming videos fail, they grey out with (!) displayed in the centre, plus a lot of times when you open a page the whole page is white, nothing appears.

also at times when i open a new tab which shows a 5x2 grid of most popular sites, selecting one of the ten, or a favourite, or typing in an address, the page wont change even thought the address of the site selected appears on the address bar.

appears IE9 is the most broken buggy pile of crap i have used in years

Strangely enough, my Dad and friend use IE religiously and refuse to use Firefox or Chrome, and even block them if they're installed.

They see no problems with it whatsoever, and tell me that when I try to convince them to use Firefox, they say "Why?"

I developed my website on Firefox, and whilst it looks AS IT SHOULD on Firefox and even Chrome, on IE there are no drop shadows whatsoever, even though they are a WEB STANDARD. Imagine that - IE not supporting a recognised Web standard! :facepalm:

It baffles me when most people continue to use IE - is it maybe because they think that since it comes with Windows, it's the only browser worth using?

> on IE there are no drop shadows whatsoever, even though they are a WEB STANDARD

Not only that, there is nothing else either - a giant page of white.

:facepalm:

I always end up going back to IE, seems to do everything i want without to much fuss.

Tried chrome but lack of favourites sidebar ruled it out and never really liked firefox throughout its various versions over the years.

What do you mean, IMBW? Is my site not loading?

It wasn't then. It does now. is it supposed to have a lot of white text on a white background?

It wasn't then. It does now. is it supposed to have a lot of white text on a white background?

I thought so, my hosting provider is crap - I get the same problem as well, sometimes it takes ages to load my HTML, sometimes it loads quickly. Well, that's Fasthosts for me.

Oh dear, plenty of IE and Microsoft hate going on here. For the record, I don't experience this problem in IE9 at all.

And IE9 is a perfectly fine browser, the previous versions do suck though.

I developed my website on Firefox, and whilst it looks AS IT SHOULD on Firefox and even Chrome, on IE there are no drop shadows whatsoever, even though they are a WEB STANDARD.

Therein lies my pet hate. Being an (on the side) web developer, you simply shouldn't have to fix things for each browser.

Despite one of my sites being valid XHTML 1.0 Transitional, it looks different on every browser (IE, Chrome, FF, Opera, Safari).

It's stupid. W3C have a standard, so everyone should adhere to them 100%. Not 99.9% with their own fixes. 100%.

Why does FF need an -moz- prefix for some CSS stuff. Put a sock in it!

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom