IDTV's

Discussion in 'General TV Discussions Forum' started by murray horne, May 4, 2002.

1. murray horne

murray horne

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Since taking delivery of a Sony nx100 (utilising the loop thru i.e wall socket to TV, TV to VCR then VCR back to TV) the analogue quality is now pants. This was not a problem before. As a result ,the quality of TV recordings are terrible!

Any suggestions?

2. murray horne

murray horne

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    The digital signal is at 85%, and the digital picture is fine.

3. Stuart Brooks

Stuart Brooks
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I had this symptom with my Grundig IDTV, again it affected the VCR as well as the TV analogue tuner.

After a lot of bad advice and aggro from the retailer, it was finally suggested that I use double-screen coax to feed from the wall to the TV, and this cured the problem.

Incidentally I have just run the new coax to the VCR (to achieve good quality recordings) then just looped from the VCR to the digital tuner, then looped to the analogue tuner using the old flyleads, reasoning I only need perfect analogue for recording.

If you need pristine analogue TV tuner pictures too, the flyleads that come with the TV aren't necessarily up to the job, you will need to replace all these too.

Stuart

4. ricke

ricke

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi Murray, not related to your original question but.....how's the nx100, i'm thinking about getting one soon and would be good to know how good/bad it is.....

5. super7

super7

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Murray

I had the same poor analogue picture quality as you have mentioned on my Sony 28DX40.

After reading all the advice, I bought 4m of tape and braid (twin screened) satellite cable and some coax plugs and sockets form my local B&Q. Total cost was £2.20 for cable and £4 for enough plugs and sockets.

Made up some new RF interconnects (very easy) between TV and video (aerial feed is one continuous run form aerial through wall to back of TV to minimise losses) and the results are excellent - analogue has never looked so good.

Give it a go - it definitely works.

Super7

6. MartinImber

MartinImber

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +21
    Analogue is pants on my KV32DX20 but then it looks pants on all 32" W/S

Digital Terrestrial is fine