1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

idiots guide to launching ripped DVD

Discussion in 'Desktop & Laptop Computers Forum' started by grooby, Mar 9, 2004.

1. grooby

grooby
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Ok, i understand the ripping part but can those in the know tell me a nice simple way to launch a film
    The most basic example would just be a list, i click the title via remote and hey presto. Using something like Streamzap, dont want to mess with girder if i can help it.
    Any nice freebie programs out there, so i dont have to mess around with windows too much.
    Thanks
    Andy

2. TEK

TEK

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I guess it depends a lot on how you rip. If you do it the tidiest way and use DVD Decrypter to rip to an ISO file then you can use Daemon Tools to mount the ISO and it'll appear as a virtual drive, just like sticking the real disc in. If you're using XP then you can get it to automatically lauch your favourite DVD player and hey presto

3. CrispyXUK

CrispyXUK

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +33
    myhtpc will do it nicely

4. grooby

grooby
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    is xlobby any good?

5. zAndy1

zAndy1
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6,923
    I use xlobby and find it works very well. You can use dvd profiler and thereby get covers for all your films, then you can load online dvds (i.e. ones you've ripped) and when you click on it it will play (using Theatertek in my case). I really like it, plus you can get it to play a random VOB trailer before the film too.

Andy