1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Idiots guide please to connect system

Discussion in 'Cables & Switches' started by Pat53, Oct 10, 2004.

1. Pat53

Pat53

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I am at my wits end with new system
    I have a Sony widescreen tv with 3 scart sockets
    a Sony dvd recorder 2 scarts
    a Sony sky satellite receiver 2 scarts
    and a Sony vcr 2 scarts
    I need to be able to connect all the above so I can mainly record on dvd but occasionally use the vcr to both record and play.
    Whatever I connect I seem to end up with one that does not function properly, presently the vcr and every diagram seems to give a different setup
    I need idiots guide as to what to connect to what with scart and what needs additional connecting via coax cables - main antenna cable and dish cable.
    Hopefully,
    Pat

2. Ian J

Ian J
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,906
    It shouldn't be too difficult. The Sky box should have a scart connect connection to the DVD recorder with the second scart on the DVD recorder into AV1 on the TV as that is probably the scart socket that accepts RGB signals.

The second scart from the Sky box will go to the VCR in with the second scart from the VCR going to a scart socket on the TV.

I'm not sure about the aerial cable as normally it would go from wall to the Sky box and then from the Sky box to either the VCR or the DVD recorder and then onwards to the TV. I don't know whether you can daisychain the VCR to the DVD recorder with the aerial lead or whether a splitter will work.