1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Identity?

Discussion in 'Movie Forum' started by Ewan, Feb 2, 2004.

1. Ewan

Ewan

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi!
    Anyone seen the movie Identity:confused: what did you think about it? any good?

cheers

2. alan8477

alan8477

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    A very good film until about half way, but the second half tested credibility. In fact by the end of it I felt I had been taken for a ride. On the other hand From Dusk Till Dawn was the same sort of film (in as much as it is a film of two very different halves) and it's now a cult!

3. Harj

Harj

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +34
    I enjoyed, good if you like murder mysteries, lots of atmosphere and good acting, esp Cusack.

4. Ben Franklin

Ben Franklin

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I really enjoyed it, especially with the twist midway through that completely turns the film on its head. Ok, you feel a little cheated by it but its a great idea and the film pulls it off really well.

I wasn't expecting much from it when I originally loaded it up, but enjoyed it immensely. :cool:

5. Reiner

Reiner

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
    It's pretty good one-time watching I rekon, with an interesting twist.

6. Azrikam

Azrikam

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    You could do a lot worse.

I actually thought the movie was better after the twist. Before that, it was a by-the-numbers generic thriller with some pretty wooden acting. But the twist turned it from a throwaway rental into a half-decent film. It's nowhere near great cinema, but it's a fun ride.

EDIT: The very ending, however, went on 20 seconds too long.

7. cdave

cdave
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Saw it in the states when it first came out. As noted above, I felt the ending was a bit of a let down but still liked the film and have just received my "Special Edition" copy from DVD Soon which has an alternative ending and perhaps a better cover(the disc has he same picture as that on the standard cover if this interests you at all). Not bothered whether ending is better or not as I still like the film. I believe this edition is RCE but I have played the first few minutes and no problem. The sound effects seem very good with all that "rain" splashing around the room.