Identity theft again

blue max

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
They changed my Ebay and Paypal password the other day and tried to buy something at Game. Now tried to buy something on Amazon.

Credit cards cancelled until replacement next year! Fantastic!

This is the second time now. Mightily inconvenient.

I posted about the game usage attempt a week or so ago. They refused to give any details, so I thought that was that. I am aware of ID theft and destroy any personal info. Be careful out there!

Have you run some scans on your PC to check for malware etc.

I've only got macs. Pretty sure that won't be the source.

Just noticed when looking on the phone actually, that my main Shipping Address has been changed from when they hacked my account obviously. It is now:
19 Westrow Street
London London SE19 3AH

Ring a bell with anyone?

I'd tell Ebay, but I doubt they would care.

Graham

Bizarrely Ebay don't allow you to see your own phone numbers. Mine is partially blanked out and the crooks is 0798 xxxxx89. I've been on Ebay live chat and they have forwarded it to their crime department, but I'm not hopeful. Surely enough to go on isn't it?

The address looks to belong to a Portuguese restaurant called "A Torre" looking on google maps street view. Looks like there may be a couple of rented flats above it too. Having said that the people who dabble in this sort of fraud use fake addresses, telephone numbers, etc.

Rented accommodation is often used to act solely as a delivery drop off point for such fraud. Sorry to hear about your misfortune..

Thanks guys. No losses, but mightily annoying. Being without a credit card over christmas is a massive inconvenience of course. But not life or death.
I kinda hoped Ebay may wish to find these guys, but feel that may be wishful thinking. It doesn't effect them really, so no loss on their part.

My bros sis in law just hung herself, so more pressing things to deal with.

Such is life.

Thank you. Didn't really know her, but mental illness all her life I believe. She was late forty's, so not a childhood thing. It's not her, but the people round her who need support now.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom