Question Identifying wall mount from holes


Hi - I have just moved into a property and want to mount the TV onto a bracket to the wall as the previous occupants did and ideally using the holes that they drilled into the wall.

Is anyone able to tell what mounts/brackets would fit into this? I'm not sure if this is a standard sizing or not and any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!


  • TV Mount Close.jpg
    TV Mount Close.jpg
    98.1 KB · Views: 23
  • TV Mount Close2.jpg
    TV Mount Close2.jpg
    55.3 KB · Views: 23


Distinguished Member
Those are GripIt plasterboard fixings

Look like Blue = M8 screws/bolts to hold the bracket on (choosing length to suit).

Sadly without the dimensions between the fittings it's difficult to advise more accurately. Most wall brackets allow a variety of holes for fixing.
Looks to be around 150mm square, based on the hole being 25mm?
But it will be a matter of checking the specifications / drawings of potential ones in your price range?


Thanks for the quick reply. I've just measured the distances and it's 150mm across (left/right) from centre of each blue and 130mm up/down so not a perfect square. The non-blue holes measure 90mm across and 130mm down.

I have an old Samsung UE48H6400 (Samsung Samsung UE48H6400 | Product overview | What Hi-Fi?) which is c.12kg. It's too wide to fit into the recess in the wall so would always sit on the bracket outside and at an angle which is OK.

Please let me know if you have any recommendations for a bracket/mount that could work here.

The latest video from AVForums

65-inch LG C1 Review coming soon to AVForums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom