Ideas of a new build.

PCambo

Established Member
Reaction score
Looking at building my own gaming rig. Getting a bit more time at home to spend playing games now so thought would try and have a good of building one and future proofing it as much as possible.
Until we sort the rooms out in the house for a dedicated area it’s going to be used on the living room tv 55 oled.
So far my component list consist of

INTEL CORE I9-10900K
ASUS ROG STRIX Z490-F GAMING
The CORSAIR Hydro Series H150i PRO
Samsung 970 EVO 1 TB PCIe NVMe M.2 x2
CORSAIR VENGEANCE RGB PRO BLACK 32GB
Corsair RM750x psu
GEFORCE RTX 3080
Case NZXT H510 Elite

Would appreciate your input if components don’t work well together or if improvements can be made. In no rush to get stuff gonna take my time. Have it all done for Xmas

There's still a question mark over whether the new Nvidia cards will lose any performance over pci-e gen3 as found on the Intel boards. I'd wait for reviews to establish this but Ryzen 3 is very likely to overtake Intel for gaming later this year and they already have gen4 on the B550 and X570 boards.

What ram you thinking ?
3200mhz are going for daft low prices at the moment on Amazon

CORSAIR VENGEANCE RGB PRO BLACK 32GB

There's still a question mark over whether the new Nvidia cards will lose any performance over pci-e gen3 as found on the Intel boards. I'd wait for reviews to establish this but Ryzen 3 is very likely to overtake Intel for gaming later this year and they already have gen4 on the B550 and X570 boards.
I’m not set on Intel. Could happily go down the Ryzen route. Prices are very similar. I can leave the cpu and gpu last

Ive made a few purchases to get me started

Corsair Obsidian 500D RGB SE Gaming Case
ASUS - ROG CROSSHAIR VIII HERO AMD X570 AM4 Motherboard
AMD - Ryzen 7 3700X Processor
CORSAIR - RM850x Modular ATX PSU - 850 W
CORSAIR - iCUE H150i XT Liquid 360 mm CPU Cooler - RGB LED
SAMSUNG - 960 Evo 2.5" Internal SSD - 500 GB

plan on getting a 2tb ssd at later date
also planning 3080 graphics when released
Corsair Vengeance RGB PRO 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4 3600 MHz C18

be a good few weeks before its up and running but looking forward to it

That looks like a great system (with the 3080).

You made the right decision going Ryzen.

Think might look at the 3070 to save a little money. Prob gonna be gaming on my 4k oled for a bit so it can only do 60hz. But to get it set up I’m going to need to pick up a temp gpu.

Some new arrivals

Attachments

• 50678804-62C7-49F1-A3BF-1FB634AB0607.jpeg
    50678804-62C7-49F1-A3BF-1FB634AB0607.jpeg
    295.7 KB · Views: 67
Just waiting on a temp gpu to come to get it set up and ready for the 3000 series!
3EA9FAF5-A282-4560-A408-9DBDCC2F4C4D.jpeg

Nice!

Although one comment (and it's the same for me, I've discovered). When you're fitting a front-mounted radiator, it's best to have the tubes at the bottom. This way, you don't have air bubbles going through the pump. I need to switch mine too if I can (although it's dependent on tube length and GPU obstructions).

Seen that video, was in two minds what to do. Corsair have it fitted with tubes at the top on all there videos. Even when advertising there cases.

Yeah, I've got the same, my case doesn't play nicely with top mounted rads so I went with front mounted and yes, it's "tubes up". I'll have a look when I upgrade my GPU to see if I can actually turn it around, I have a sneaky feeling that tube length will be an issue.

I’ve just been looking myself and I’m thinking the same. The tubes won’t be long enough to go around a gpu, there won’t be much play at all.

Yeah, I've got the same, my case doesn't play nicely with top mounted rads so I went with front mounted and yes, it's "tubes up". I'll have a look when I upgrade my GPU to see if I can actually turn it around, I have a sneaky feeling that tube length will be an issue.
Iv seen that video , and mine are the same (tubes at the top ) i did think about trying to change it around , but then through why ! it's been like that for the past 4 years and it works perfectly fine , temps are low and can't hear any bubbles at all ...
the cpu is slightly lower than the top of the rad , but it still works .

Yeah, that's a good point, if your CPU / pump is lower than the top of the radiator then all might be well. This is mentioned here too:

My temps seem fine too and my Fractal case does dampen the sound too. I think the vid was more around the longevity of the pump being a particular concern. When I stick a new GPU in, I'll see if I can do anything but I had trouble with my case finding AIOs with a decent tube length anyway. It's not like you can extend them easily!

Just been running some stress tests now ive got a temp gpu in there. max temp i reached was 70'c with cpu 100%, that was with 3 of the fans on quiet mode and the 3 radiator fans on balanced. Soon as i ramped up fans a little i got close to 60'c. then at idle quickly dropped to 40'c in seconds.

I'm going to be ready to build in new pc in another week or so. I'm still rocking an i5 6600k so I'm definitely looking forward to a cpu upgrade! I still game at 1080p though so I think I can make my 1060 6gb last just a little bit longer until we see how the new cards are performing.

I’m still debating which card. 3070, 3080 or see if new 2080ti comes right down in price. Don’t want used as can’t Guarantee how it’s been looked after. I’m gonna be using 1440p monitor but will have a 43” 4k tv directly above the monitor.

I've got the same cooler as you and I can't imagine how I'd be able to fit it tubes down as well as with a gpu in there :/

come home from work today and went to turn the computer on and just heard a click and that was it. Rgb light and start light on but nothing else, took all the components out ram, gpu etc and still nothing. Stripped out the power supply and tried jumping it and just 1 click. Really got me this.

New power supply in and back working. Got recommended to put a speaker on it see if it beeps to let me know any problem. So when attached I got a lot of clicking with the motherboard light change and continuous whine after start up. Don’t hear any when speaker isn’t attached.

New power supply in and back working. Got recommended to put a speaker on it see if it beeps to let me know any problem. So when attached I got a lot of clicking with the motherboard light change and continuous whine after start up. Don’t hear any when speaker isn’t attached.

So the corsair was faulty out of the box?

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom