Ideas for Living Room (Lounge)

chrisuk01

Established Member
I originally had plans to do the lunge to look something similar to another users setup (as per the attachment).

Our room has a fire place which gives you the 2 alcoves either side. However with it being an oldish house, the coving is the old type that used a mould and so chances of getting replica coving is nigh on impossible.

So comes the dilemma, due to the coving I can't board across the whole of the front wall as it will look odd (having coving all around the room except above the tv).

I would still like to build my plasma and av equipment into the wall / alcoves. Though I am unsure how best to go about it, without it looking odd.

I would appreciate any feedback / advice or some images of people who have been in a similar predicament

Thanks in advance :lease:

Attachments

• front after.jpg
    front after.jpg
    86.9 KB · Views: 21,285

Daddy k

Distinguished Member
Just recove the new wall to match?? Or am I being silly?

chrisuk01

Established Member
Just recove the new wall to match?? Or am I being silly?

Our room has a fire place which gives you the 2 alcoves either side. However with it being an oldish house, the coving is the old type that used a mould and so chances of getting replica coving is nigh on impossible.

I'm pretty certain there is no match coving around. It would have to be moulded, so quite expensive

GBJB

Established Member
It may be cheaper than you realise - my parents had some made and fitted and I remember them being pleasantly surprised with the cost, and the quality was excellent.

Definitely worth the money compared to not having coving, or losing an original feature of the property.

Good luck with whatever you decide.

beecee

Prominent Member
find new coving you like and recove the whole lot...

The latest video from AVForums

Is 8K TV dead? Philips OLED+907, Pioneer LX505 AVR plus B&W 700 S3 Reviews & Visit + AV/HiFi News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom