Ideas for inward opening door in baffle wall

Dazza the Stag

Standard Member
Reaction score
I need your help and experience please.
I have a baffle wall that I need to create a door in to access the storage area behind and access the rear of the speakers etc.
The front of the baffle wall will be a layer of plasterboard and then a layer of mdf and then another layer of plasterboard.
The fixed acoustic screen will partly cover the door, which will be on the left hand side of the screen and the door needs to open with hinges on the left.
For looks it would be great if the whole wall including the door could be covered with the 3 layers as above. However I don’t believe there is then a way that the door could open inwards ?
Opening the door could also be a little tricky as the screen will cover where the handle would normally be, but I could get around that but putting a simply electronic lock on the inside and activate that remotely.
In summary I would really like the Door to be as hidden as possible, ie not something that is going to distract and to open inwards.

Any clever people with bright ideas ?
Thanks
Darren

Nice idea, however I don’t have the room for it to slide to the left as it would be into the eaves of the loft and to the right it will have the rear of a speaker back box in the way.
I will measure it again though just in case.

Thanks

Inset handle and then close on magnets. Means nothing sticking out.

Or, what about magnetic or clips on fabric panels that surround the screen. If you need door access you just remove those panels. Magnets or something like a French cleat to hold in place. Some people just friction fit or use velcro!

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom