• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

ideas for a redundant plasma

Daddy k

Distinguished Member
not that im planning to get rid of mine but how about some ideas.
im thinking of a very large etcha sketch for my lil girl
or perhaps a large chopping board?
:rotfl: :D

M

Majid Khan

Hmm... nice ideas, so I suppose if I went out and bought a new plasma and screen burn did occur - I'm pleased to hear there's always the option of using it as a large chopping board.. :)

Any other ideas?

-

Daddy k

Distinguished Member
i like the table air hockey! and would look cool with some legs on it and perhaps if it still displays an image could have some images on the table top scrolling by

M

Majid Khan

Anyone know if Panasonic cover coffee stains in the warranty for their new 42" coffee tables ? last thing I need is the missus moaning that the stains don't come off, they are there for permanent! -- although I'm told that permanent stains on coffee tables are a thing of the past, its not an issue at all with the new Pannys... apparently. :D

Soapysoap

Standard Member
Apparantly you can get rid of the coffe stains if you cover the coffe table with coffe of different shades. Remeber that its not coffe stains that are a problem but coffe retention. :D

theo cupier

Established Member
You need to be careful not to get screen burn if you put coffee cups on it

M

Majid Khan

Great, I'll have to go ahead and buy the new 42PE50 coffee table , will also get Nescafe to send over someone to professionally calibrate the new table to give me the best possible cofee drinking experience, I can't wait ! :)

All I need now is a HDMI enabled coffee maker, IXOS branded coffee mug (or would you guys recommended QED ? ) and lastly, im thinking should I go for the PE50 or should I go for the High definition PV500 coffee table - bearing in mind that Nescafe are due to release their forthcoming 1080i coffeee beans ! then again I might go for Kenco's 720p instead, apparently it tastes smoother !

Hmm.. I prefer my cofee to be progressive, rather than interlaced. :D

Daddy k

Distinguished Member
;)

lets see how the manafacturers cope with the new type of screen burn weve created
"mug ring burns"

make sure your new plasma coffee table has HDMI! gota be future proof what wud u do without the new HDMI: Hot Drinks Managment Implement

Member 55145

Distinguished Member
il give you a dolla for it :cool:

Daddy k

Distinguished Member
JagoPlasma said:
il give you a dolla for it :cool:

for what some ring burn???? :eek:
this isnt a male on male dating service :nono: :
:rotfl: clap: :clap:

Daddy k

Distinguished Member
how about 2 panels used as saloon style swingdoors, wud prob look kinda slick lol

stevedster

Established Member
I have an idea, if u had an old plasma that is dead lying around, get a cool poster / picture and put it behind the glass then wall mount it ! uber cool plasma-picture frame !

C

Chavvychase

My gf uses my plasma as a mirror and likes to dance in front of it for some reason. Use it as a dance mirror.

Daddy k

Distinguished Member
stevedster said:
I have an idea, if u had an old plasma that is dead lying around, get a cool poster / picture and put it behind the glass then wall mount it ! uber cool plasma-picture frame !

in fact do that but then put a tiny badge on it and sell it on ebay as a working model with built in pvr, unfortuantly the pause has stuck on and needs a factory reboot and offer no refunds ;)

oh yes thisl work for some poor sucker hehehehe

and if they say "but its just a picture stuck into it" just say no it looks like that coz it needs regassing! honest :rotfl:

The latest video from AVForums

CES 2023 Round Up: New TV Lineups for 2023 from LG, Samsung, Panasonic, Hisense & TCL
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom