Ideas for a blowout special holiday in April or May 2022

Have you ruled out a cruise? The med is lovely at that time of year and you get to see different places.

Depends on the cruise line

Silversea, Regent Seven Seas, Seabourn, Seadream, Crystal, Azamara would be special. The rest are just mainstream.

Having thought about going on a cruise for ages I had the opportunity to actually go onboard a large cruise liner and the cabins are really small and frankly basic for the amount of money you spend. They really want you out of there and spending money.

Been watching this thread with interest- also considering a nice holiday next year but have slightly different needs as will be travelling with a 2-3 year old. Any of the above toddler friendly or any other suggestions?

Been watching this thread with interest- also considering a nice holiday next year but have slightly different needs as will be travelling with a 2-3 year old. Any of the above toddler friendly or any other suggestions?
My suggestions aren’t for couples with young children I’m afraid.

Personally I would with a toddler just rent a nice private villa with private pool. You have nicely your own space, and the toddler can have their own nice naps, and go to bed in the evening whilst you still are at “home” and can enjoy the facilities. We’ve always found that nice and relaxed.

Depends on the cruise line

Silversea, Regent Seven Seas, Seabourn, Seadream, Crystal, Azamara would be special. The rest are just mainstream.
These aren’t on my list or ever likely to be

Ikos resorts are good with children

These aren’t on my list or ever likely to be
I've just been on a Celebrity Cruise (Apex) and it was definitely a cut above Royal Caribbean etc. but half the price of the true luxury cruises such as Silversea, Viking etc.

Thought about going the other way, somewhere like Vietnam or Thailand?

Thought about going the other way, somewhere like Vietnam or Thailand?
I’d love to, but SWMBO has already discounted it unfortunately

That is the place in Mauritius I looked at. Looks amazing.
The Shangri-La is one of the best hotels in Mauritius but very expensive too (around 700€ for a doubleroom a night!). But the surrounding is really great. We passed the hotel when we went to the island Isle aux cerfs which you can call paradise in some parts, because people are not allowed to stay there overnight. We were there in November 2019. I like Mauritius, because the people are really friendly and they have a lot of nice beaches and other interesting destinations. Some impressions you can get from my video.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom