Ideas for a blowout special holiday in April or May 2022

rousetafarian

Reaction score
My other half and I both have big birthdays coming up and I am determined to go away on a luxury beach trip next year, and due to work obligations, planned house sales etc April/May seems to work.

We are looking for 10-14 days 5*, All inclusive with all the trimmings.

Places off the list so far are The Maldives pretty much anywhere else is a possibility. Happy to go long haul obviously and want to fly from Manchester.

Hot weather is a must, so I am thinking Caribbean or Indian Ocean.

This is more a rambling place for me to add and remove options, but recommendations would also be much appreciated.

Thanks all

We are planning to go Mauritius, looks amazing. Temp in April is high 20's

My other half and I both have big birthdays coming up and I am determined to go away on a luxury beach trip next year, and due to work obligations, planned house sales etc April/May seems to work.

We are looking for 10-14 days 5*, All inclusive with all the trimmings.

Places off the list so far are The Maldives pretty much anywhere else is a possibility. Happy to go long haul obviously and want to fly from Manchester.

Hot weather is a must, so I am thinking Caribbean or Indian Ocean.

This is more a rambling place for me to add and remove options, but recommendations would also be much appreciated.

Thanks all

We tried a sandals resort in St Lucia for our honeymoon and have to say they are a class apart, couldn't fault any part of it and that was ten years ago. Always plan to go back but it wasn't a cheap trip

Edit : thread here where I posted more details

We tried a sandals resort in St Lucia for our honeymoon and have to say they are a class apart, couldn't fault any part of it and that was ten years ago. Always plan to go back but it wasn't a cheap trip

Edit : thread here where I posted more details

We went to that resort in 2000 and I hope it had improved. It was ok but too many loud mouthed Americans and too much hard sell. The beach was ok but still harassed by hawkers. Food was ok but not quiet enough facilities for the size, for something that is supposed to be 5* I would have expected it be less crowded. This is a common complaint my Mrs used to get about sandles when she worked as a travel agent. Personal I think there are better options than Carribbean.

It depends how off the track OP wants to go, Maldives is amazing but OP doesn't want to go there, Seychelles is another option, developed but not over developed. Places like Thailand, Sri Lanka and others in Asia have the beaches and weather but facilities can be hit and miss.

We went to that resort in 2000 and I hope it had improved. It was ok but too many loud mouthed Americans and too much hard sell. The beach was ok but still harassed by hawkers. Food was ok but not quiet enough facilities for the size, for something that is supposed to be 5* I would have expected it be less crowded. This is a common complaint my Mrs used to get about sandles when she worked as a travel agent. Personal I think there are better options than Carribbean.

It depends how off the track OP wants to go, Maldives is amazing but OP doesn't want to go there, Seychelles is another option, developed but not over developed. Places like Thailand, Sri Lanka and others in Asia have the beaches and weather but facilities can be hit and miss.

This was 2008 and would say it must have improved, the other resorts were far more Americanised but this one wasn't

Sandals are okay, nice enough properties but not luxury.

I’ve been to the Maldives twice before and the last thing I want is to meet the Spring Break type crowd of Americans in the Caribbean. I’ve been to Barbados before a few ago so that’s off the list too.

The aim is to relax and try somewhere new to both of us, Mauritius is a new contender to review.

The Grenadines and St Vincent are a bit off the US Tourist trap and a lot of nice resorts with so that would be worth checking out

There are so many islands that you'd be hard pressed to find one to suit you, everything from your own private island and down

Our particular favourite island there is Bequia and the "Bequia Plantation Hotel"

Do you want to just spend the whole holiday around the pool or do you want to get out and see stuff or do activities ?
I can recommend Jamaica if you don't want to do much else but relax or Mexico if you want to see and do stuff.
I've been and done swimming with whale sharks, swimming with dolphins, seen Mayan temples, been and seen Cirque du soleil, snorkelled around Cozumel island, just to name a few.
And of course just sat around the pool / pool bar all day also.

We flew premium economy last time with Tui and it was worth the extra.

I shudder to think how much that would cost
Off season, 2 weeks in May, 2 people sharing a room in the hotel, full board Inc flights is only around 9k. Cheaper than on site deluxe hotel in Disney with tickets, flights and dining plan.

Can find you something more expensive of you want.

What is your budget ?

Off season, 2 weeks in May, 2 people sharing a room in the hotel, full board Inc flights is only around 9k. Cheaper than on site deluxe hotel in Disney with tickets, flights and dining plan.

Can find you something more expensive of you want.

What is your budget ?
Kinda thinking around £5k-£7k all in, sorry this information would have helped earlier

Kinda thinking around £5k-£7k all in, sorry this information would have helped earlier
Anything is possible :) Never let a list price get in the way.

IIRC we booked with Carrier, and removed the flights as we wanted to choose our own flights. And I'm pretty sure it was about £6K. But process fluctuate and change all the time. There are always deals to be had. If you have some flexibility you'd be amazed what is possible.

For example it may be cheaper to go from London, or definitely Amsterdam to get to the Dutch Antilles.

Anything is possible :) Never let a list price get in the way.

IIRC we booked with Carrier, and removed the flights as we wanted to choose our own flights. And I'm pretty sure it was about £6K. But process fluctuate and change all the time. There are always deals to be had. If you have some flexibility you'd be amazed what is possible.

For example it may be cheaper to go from London, or definitely Amsterdam to get to the Dutch Antilles.
This is solid advice, thanks. I’ve used a company called Travel Counsellors before (admittedly a while ago for a Canada trip) so may get some ideas from my local TC too

This is solid advice, thanks. I’ve used a company called Travel Counsellors before (admittedly a while ago for a Canada trip) so may get some ideas from my local TC too
*process should have stated prices...

And yes at that end of the market it is better to use a company like Carrier or Travel Counsellors. I notice Travel Counsellors even have that one on their website :) But then surely also can provide interesting ideas in other destinations.

Try Carrier as well. I've used them for years, they were so good to use when days before we were to depart Mugabe took over Zimbabwe and they helped us change everything so we still had a holiday.

The £9k was a very quick look at Expedia, if you take away full board and look at flight options you might be able to get close to your budget and worth contacting the location directly which is what I did as they gave me a better price if I was flexible.

Having been to both Cambodia and Costa Rica, I'd suggest not doing either for an all-inclusive beach holiday.

Don't get me wrong, they're both beautiful countries with very friendly people, and the wildlife in Costa Rica is mind-blowing - to visit either and spend 2 weeks in a resort that could be anywhere is a waste (in my humble opinion - each to their own, of course).

Mauritius is gorgeous at the time of year your'e talking about.

Cuba is worth thinking about as well.

Have a look at Paradise Cove in Mauritius

just a quick look 10 nights on the 2nd May with BA Holidays All Inclusive is £4900.00

Have a look at Paradise Cove in Mauritius

just a quick look 10 nights on the 2nd May with BA Holidays All Inclusive is £4900.00
Now we are talking!

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom