Question Ideal speaker placement in odd shaped room

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Building DIY' started by robochimp21, Jan 24, 2018.

1. robochimp21

robochimp21
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi everyone,

Need some advice on speaker 7.1 placement. I have created the room roughly in a 3D room builder online based on the exact measurements of the room.

The speakers im going to be putting in this room are Monitor Audio A10's for Surrounds and A40's for the fronts and centre channel along with a BK-XXLS400-DF subwoofer.

Based on the picture im quite happy with the speaker placement (The black blocks) but the only wall that is causing me concern is the left side wall where im thinking of placing the surround left channel. It just looks way too close to the sofa and im worried that anyone sitting on that side is going to get bombarded by that channel alone, im not 100% confident that the auto EQ on my Pioneer A/V receiver would be able to combat this effectively!

The larger left hand wall is all window so mounting there isnt an option unfortunately, unless i mount the two surrounds really high, practically ceiling height, and angle the speakers to the main listener on the back wall, since there is a good 40-50 cm's of wall above the window on that side.

The surround speakers are going to be mounted on the wall about 2-3 feet above the sofa, and possibly i'll angle either the surrounds or surround rears at the listener if thats a good idea?

Some more opinions or suggestions would be much appreciated, i think im in the ball park but i just want to make sure i get this right since good sound makes a film!

Thanks in advance

Attached Files: