Ideal settings when connecting to PC Monitor

Discussion in 'Xbox Forums' started by jimmybog, Jun 17, 2009.

1. jimmybog

jimmybog
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have just connected my 360 to a PC Monitor using a HDMI cable. The monitor is a Fujitsu Siemans AMILO L 3220T with a resolution of 1920 x 1080. Now everything works ok but to me the colour & resolution do not look anything special. Its hard to say why but previously when I had it connected to a LCD TV (with the HD cable supplied with the XBOX & TV set to ycPbr) the picture looked much better with brighter colours and better resolution. I think my XBOX output is currently set to 1080P. Do I need to change this to 720P and do I need to change the "Display Reference Levels"? Or is there something else I need to change or set either on the monitor or the XBOX? Just wondering what settings other people use when connecting to a PC monitor with the HDMI cable? Thanks

2. DragonOfSilver

DragonOfSilver

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +73
    the nxe/dashboard isn't rendered at 1080p I believe, so you won't really notice much if any difference between 720p and 1080p in a lot of things, depending on how good the monitors inbuilt scaling is vs the 360's, only in games/media that run 1080p will you be able to clearly see a difference. I've not run with HDMI so not sure about the refence levels etc, but I certainly had to change that on vga for it to look good.