1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ideal rear speaker placement.

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by gingerone, Aug 17, 2005.

1. gingerone

gingerone

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +305
    I currently have my rear speakers (kef eggs mark 2) placed to either side of my listening postion firing in towards me, I'd though that this was ideal until I heard my mates set up which were placed behind and firing diagonally in towards the listening postion.
    Set up his way there was much less a sense of speaker placement and a fuller sound.
    I'm thinking of changing the postion of my rears so that they are on the back wall and firing towards the listening postion at a roughly 45 degreee angle, am I likely to get better results this way or should I stay as they are?
    I should add as well that I am doing this so that my front soundstage is firing directly towards me, whereas it is angled slightly at the mo.
    Any comments on ideal rear speaker placement will be much appreciated.

2. chedmaster

chedmaster

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +28
    yuo might want to try where they are now, but above ear level (by 2 feet or something), you may prefer it to both. make sure they fire pretty much straight, i.e. not aimed at you, but fiddle and see what you like!

3. gingerone

gingerone

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +305
    They are currently 2 feet above ear level and I have tried firing them level or pointing downwards(downwards sounds far better).