1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Idea Positioning for a widescreen tv - Philips PW6006

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by hamburger3, Jan 26, 2003.

1. hamburger3

hamburger3
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Recently I got a Philips PW6006 and the position I have my tv in now (the same one as my old set) means im getting a lot of reflection when anything black is on the tv.

I asked around before I purchased this set and was told that under normal light it was fine.

So does anyone else who has this set have the same problem or do I have the tv in a bad viewing position ?

If so where would you suggest to have a tv placed ?

2. Jimmi

Jimmi

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +29
    This is the reason why people buy flat screens.

3. hamburger3

hamburger3
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Anyone have a proper response. Preferably from someone who has this tv.

This is from the what tv review.

PERFORMANCE
    In spite of the exceptionally keen price, Philips hasn't compromised much on its customary picture quality. Particularly eye-catching - because it's so rare at sub-£700 prices - is the contrast. The superb black level performance makes the set a real star with DVD playback, delivering the sort of movie-like video thrills which normally cost substantially more.

Spinning a selection of DVDs also demonstrates that detail response is first-rate, and this combines with impressive colour containment to deliver exceptional crispness. And as usual with Philips sets, colours are eye-searingly vibrant and involving.

Satellite broadcasts via RGB are also extremely impressive. The only weakness crops up with standard analogue broadcasts. These look a touch grainy, even with the noise reduction circuitry applied, especially if you attempt to 'zoom' a 4:3 image to fill the 16:9 frame. But most of the time the pictures are much better than you've any right to expect for this money.

It does not sound like the tv I have so maybe I have it set up in a bad place.

I need some ideas.

Thank you

4. tom-m

tom-m
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have the same tv, and can honestly say that I've seen flat screens and curved screens, and if your room has any light leaking in, (and the picture is dark) there will be some form of reflection no matter how minor. IMHO :)