1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Idea: Panasonic Factory Visit

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by Londondecca, May 27, 2004.

Tags:
  1. Londondecca

Londondecca

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +96
    It seems to be accepted that the PD30 is a great TV but does have big quality problems. You either get a good one or a terrible one - this is simply crazy.

My suggestion is to arrange to visit to the factory where these are made to try and find out what is happening. I am not suggesting the visit should be negative but simply a fact finding mission and it could help a number of us understand what is happening or at least the chance to see these TV's being made and give Panasonic a chance to respond to the several hundred threads about this TV.

A visit on mass would be inappropriate and I suggest a small number or maybe a Moderator could represent us all.

2. Tight Git

Tight Git

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +597
    An excellent idea in theory, but I'd be surprised if such visits are allowed these days (I hope I'm wrong!).

Many years ago, before all the security issues, I managed to arrange a visit for a small group to the Ferguson Factory at Enfield.

Even then, due to commercial confidentiality, they understandably would not discuss design issues.

Still, best of luck with your idea!

3. Londondecca

Londondecca

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +96
    I have worked in various manufacturing sites over the years, some allowed visitors or customers to visit some dont. It could also be a good PR exercise for Panasonic.

AV Forums have over 25,000 members, many of which have an interest in the PD30