1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

id4 dts

Discussion in 'Movie Forum' started by krusty, Jul 31, 2004.

1. krusty

krusty

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    i have just gotten this disc via a classified ad[ not on these forums i may add] and i dont know if ive been duped? the box, and slip case clearley state that the 2 disc set contains dts audio and sneek preview of D.a. t, on the first disc yet i cant find either!!!! does anyone have the dts version so as i can do some sort of barcode check. or even a screengrab of the actual disc would be great

2. brifobwad

brifobwad
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Unfortunately the barcode is the same for both versions. On disc 1 the VFC number is 18616 on the original version and 21826 on the DTS version. The VFC number is below the 12 on the actual discs.

3. WILD9

WILD9

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    I had this same problem with a copy from CD-WOW, I kept it because it was so cheap and they didnt have any more to replace it with but i was a little dissapointed.

4. krusty

krusty

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    just checked and ive got the original version in the dts box.....WHICH IS NOT ON! especially as another member had the same problem, im contacting fox to complain!!!

5. Family Guy

Family Guy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I don't think it's Fox you should be complaining to...there's someone sitting somewhere watching id4 in dts that he's just taken from the original version box...that is providing of course you brought it privately from another forum member on these other forums...

6. krusty

krusty

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    wasnt from a forum mate...it was from a private seller in a mag. it only cost me 6 pound ..i have the r1 5 star version.. i was lined up for a dutch version [ that fell through] i think there,s a trader on these forums who has a jap version..

7. WILD9

WILD9

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    my version was a sealed copy from cd wow, this seems almost certainly aproduction fault which fox would be responsible for.

8. Indiana Jones

Indiana Jones

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6,279
    I picked up my copy of ID4 from Pricestorm for about £7.20 using the discount code listed in the Bargain Forum, it was also sealed but was the correct version with only the Special Edition version of the film on the disc along with the DTS track, I guess quality control at Fox has slipped abit.

9. krusty

krusty

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    mmm ...theres something amiss with foxes quality control on this product.

10. krusty

krusty

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    dunno if its worth the hassle of contacting them?