ICS and Zonealarms 360 NAT Problem.

Discussion in 'Xbox Forums' started by Member 79251, Dec 29, 2006.

1. Member 79251

Member 79251
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,187
    I have a stange setup and I am currently waiting on my Netgear DG834G to arrive until then I currently have ICS and zonealarms setup.

My problem is that I have moderate NATS does anyone else use this type of setup and has been able to get NATS to open. I have read various guides but have not seen anything to say that you can get open NATS using ICS.

I can play games, see market place the only thing I have had problems with is that with some friends I cant connect and I get no voice. :mad:

The following is set to open - Protocol: TCP 3074 Protocol: UDP 3074 Protocol: UDP 88.

I have also checked the helpful guide at www.xboxlivetheguide.co.uk

Thanks for any help.

2. ShadowmanUK

ShadowmanUK

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +132
  3. Member 79251

Member 79251
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,187
    Zonealarms pro is what I use. But I dont think its even that. I have done a standard no firewall test over lan to see if my xbox would detect my pc using the test nope no detect.

I have done a port test and it detects that the ports are opened. The only thng that I could try is the part about your tutorial

As zonealrms does have various differnet ways to open ports up I will give this option ago tonight.

4. Member 79251

Member 79251
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,187
    For anybody with this setup I can confirm that it is possible to get NATS to open. ShadowmanUK I dont know if you want to add this to your guide but Zonealarms has 3 levels of security for the firewall none, medium and max.

Xbox live will only open NATS on medium it will also work on full but in order to get full potential from live you need full NATS and this is only via medium setting via the trusted or internet zone. I have both set to medium and it works a treat.

Glad I know have full NATS. woo hoo!

If you wanted I could write a small guide that you could add to your very helpful website regarding zonealarms and ICS.

5. ShadowmanUK

ShadowmanUK

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +132
    Please do mate, please do, that would be very handy. If you could do something similar to the one thats up their that would be great for others :thumbsup: