ICO 2 (SOTC) - UK or US?

adrian29459

Novice Member
Hi

I'm thinking of purchasing this game, but I dont know whether I should buy the UK or US version? Do they both have same picture format, or does the US version have additional progressive scan support?

Thanks

Tejstar

Distinguished Member
Afaik the US version of SoTC supports progressive scan output, and both 4:3 and 16:9 screen ratios.

The Uk version has 60hz, Widescreen and progressive scan.

I'd go for the UK version, it's got better packaging! ;)

adrian29459

Novice Member
Thanks mate, nice to have a speedy reply. Gonna get it at 12.30 today (lunch break), if there's any left...

adrian29459

Novice Member
Got my copy of ICO 2!!! :D Only had to pay £2.50:thumbsup: Traded Resi 4 Gamecube, Mario sunshine and crappy Deus Ex Xbox. Also got the new Official Playstation 2 mag with free demo and review of Driver 4 and a demo of we love katamari!!!

flangemonkey

The pedant in me is getting really annoyed by lots of people referring to Shadow of the Colossus as Ico 2. It's never been mooted as a sequel, and anyone who knows enough will tell you that it categorically isn't one!

Did they name Criterion's Black Burnout 5?! No...the same analogy can be drawn between SOTC and Ico, they're developed by the same team, but are certainly not sequels!

Tejstar

Distinguished Member
I agree, it is a completely different game. Although speaking about it, I wonder whether we'll see a true sequel to the classic of ICO?

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Trinnov Room Optimiser: A full explanation of Trinnov and its room optimiser technology
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom