iCloud

zenza

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Thinking of upgrading the storage on iCloud and was wondering if I went for the 200GB option and started uploading pics and videos now and then in the future cancelled the monthly subscription would I still have access to the uploaded pics and videos?

Also if I rejoined later could I carry on from where I left off or would the saved pics and videos be lost?

I upgraded to 200gb and wondered the same thing

Do I just need to enable my photo stream? Mine is off at the mo

You wouldn't be able to keep your files on there if you downgraded.

Otherwise you'd still in theory have 200GB of storage that your not paying for wouldn't you.

You'd have to delete files until your back under the threshold your going to be paying for.

I didn't think photo icloud syncing counted towards the could storage quota.

I think it does as I had to uncheck the photos app for storage as it was way over the 5GB. After u checking the photos it went down to under 5GB.

If you cancel your monthly subscription, you wouldn't be able to add more files but your existing storage will remain.

So, if you've 58GB for example and you cancel, you'll have 58GB forever but can't go to 58.1GB

If you cancel your monthly subscription, you wouldn't be able to add more files but your existing storage will remain.

So, if you've 58GB for example and you cancel, you'll have 58GB forever but can't go to 58.1GB
So if I pay £2.99 for the 200GB plan does that mean if I cancel after a few months I would still have that 200GB or whatever is remaining forever?

So if I pay £2.99 for the 200GB plan does that mean if I cancel after a few months I would still have that 200GB or whatever is remaining forever?

You pay the monthly fee to keep the 200gb storage.
If you cancel you go back to the free amount of storage.

You pay the monthly fee to keep the 200gb storage.
If you cancel you go back to the free amount of storage.
Not according to chukwe.

So what happens to all your photos and videos if you cancel your monthly subscription?

If I pay £2.99 for the 200GB plan and upload 70GB worth of photos and videos does that mean if I cancel, the photos and videos would disappear or would I still have access to them?

I had a dropbox account and when i didnt renew they emailed me to say all my stuff would remain but i couldnt add any more to it or change anything. They do keep emailing me reminding me about it though. I guess at some point they will tell me i have a set amount of time to purchase again or they will delete it all.

Not according to chukwe.

So what happens to all your photos and videos if you cancel your monthly subscription?

If I pay £2.99 for the 200GB plan and upload 70GB worth of photos and videos does that mean if I cancel, the photos and videos would disappear or would I still have access to them?

Your 70GB will remain forever and wouldn't be deleted, but you can't add even 1kb or more to it

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom