Iceland Trip

existent

Prominent Member
Reaction score
I have finally finished going through the pictures from my Iceland trip and here are some of my favorites.

Unfortunately weather was cloudy during sunsets and sunrises except for the first night, but the light was not very harsh during the day even when the sun was out.

1) Snafellsjokull Panorama

2) Londrangar

3) Strokkur geyser

4) Kirkuf Mountain

5) Seljalandfoss waterfall

6) Ashes from the volcano

7) Glacier Streams

8) Jokulsarlon - Glacier Lagoon

9) Skaftafell National Park Panorama

10) Svartifoss Waterfall

There are some more images on flickr if you like to see...
Iceland - a set on Flickr

Lovely set - especiallly 4,5 and 10 :smashin:

Edit: - and yes as Senu says - more great shots on the Flickr set :)

Jim

Last edited:
Beautiful set of pics,:clap: ( 3 and 5 as well )
Perhaps a little on lenses used and how you sorted the contrasting exposure would make for interesting reading
Even more on flickr
many thanks for sharing:smashin:

Last edited:
Beautiful set of pics,:clap: ( 3 and 5 as well )
Perhaps a little on lenses used and how you sorted the contrasting exposure would make for interesting reading
Even more on flickr
many thanks for sharing:smashin:

Lenses used are 10-22 and 24-105. Most of them are with 10-22 I would say. The close up ones and panoramas are 24-105.

I used a combination of 2 and 3 stop soft nd grad for almost all shots - usually the 3 stop one.

If I remember correct 5 is the only one with both stacked together as the sun was to my left and still reasonably high in the sky (hence the slight purple color on the left side).

Luckily most of the time, either sun was behind me or it was cloudy so it wasn't very difficult.

I did have some problems with the focusing of 24-105. It miss-focused at several times unfortunately. I am not sure if it was me or the lens but will need to pay attention more next time I use it.

Happy to answer other questions if anyone has any.. :thumbsup:

Wow - cracking shots :thumbsup::clap::clap:

Number 5 is my fave.

Some great shots there :smashin: and on your flickr.

I went for a long weekend a few years back, it's a fantastic country and a few days just isn't long enough to fit everything in, we did the golden circle, the blue lagoon and drove up to the Langjokull glacier + it was a stag weekend at Reykjavík prices :eek:

I would of loved to of seen the Jokulsarlon Glacier Lagoon, maybe next time.

Very nice. I get tired of seeing shots of milky water, but that's because they are invariably over done. Yours are about right for me.

You know what!!! I keep coming to this thread everytime thinking I will be able to find a favourite one... then I leave it and can't find one... even though I like #5 and #10. so there you go..

Excellent shots..
Raj

Do you have any Larger pics, as I'd love some of those as a background.

Great shots:thumbsup:

Oh how I would love to do Iceland with a wide angle... or anywhere scenic and 'landscapy' for that matter:laugh:

Wouldn't really call Iceland "Scenic" Pete - or "Landscapey" - unless of course they have much nicer/bigger shops down your neck of the woods..... Plus they're not that keen on you using a camera in the store either.... :rotfl:

Jim

some very nice shots. 4, 5 and 10 are my favourite.

Great shots. Always good to see some geology :D

All lovely, but the Svartifoss Waterfall does it best for me. I'm a sucker for some good columnar jointed basalt :D

Thanks guys.. I am surprised that this thread is still going.. :smashin:

You know what!!! I keep coming to this thread everytime thinking I will be able to find a favourite one... then I leave it and can't find one... even though I like #5 and #10. so there you go..

Excellent shots..
Raj

haha.. thanks mate...

Great shots. Always good to see some geology :D

All lovely, but the Svartifoss Waterfall does it best for me. I'm a sucker for some good columnar jointed basalt :D

:thumbsup: I am amazed how those columns are formed... I really want to see Giant's Causeway... looks very interesting from the pictures..

Do you have any Larger pics, as I'd love some of those as a background.

sorry but the largest size is the one on flickr :rolleyes:

I'm his agent. £50 each.:laugh:

hehe.. thanks Phil :thumbsup:

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom