Icecrypt T2400 HD PVR Master thread

mrash

Established Member
Reaction score
I had an email today from icecrypt. I've been informed that the 1tb version of their forthcoming hd pvr will be £329 and come with a 2yr warranty. I am awaiting more info on official release dates, but it's expected to be available this month, so will post any further info here as and when I ge it.

I wonder if Nigel can give an update on this, including who the OEM is :hiya:

Further information. It looks less likely that a 500Gb version will be available, as the cost difference between the 1tb and 500Gb is so small.

Good news. I'd like to be able to consider it rather than just buy the Humax. The more advanced information the better!

Cheers,

jah

aye, looks nice and I'm sure it'll be fine ... but will it run MyStuff? That's really what everyone wants to know!

It's not a Topfield; it's not got a Topfield API, and it's not (as far as I know at this stage) got any public API for allowing user extensions. So no, it's not going to run MyStuff or any other TAP.

You mean a bit of information like this:

Gone Digital | Icecrypt T2400 #FreeviewHD PVR is based on Homecast HT9300

Would have done that sooner, but I agreed not to announce too prematurely, and I've been away for a week.

Thanks for that. Still no launch date though? I'm getting trigger happy and contemplating a Humax although I would like to hold out until the Humax T2 HD gets the recording function and that will probably do me. Unfortunately, the new series of True Blood starts soon and I want to record it in HD!

Cheers,

jah

It's still got to get some testing at the DTG; the engineers are over here working on it, but I don't have a date yet.

This is now the designated master thread for this machine.

It's still got to get some testing at the DTG; the engineers are over here working on it, but I don't have a date yet.

I got it from the horses mouth that testing finishes on the 20th.

That will rather depend on whether or not everything passes, won't it?

That will rather depend on whether or not everything passes, won't it?

You could be right Nigel but this is a section of the e-mail that I received;

A confirmed launch date for the T2400 will be available by the end of the month as the Beta testing is due to finish around the 20th.

Oh dear, oh dear. I thought they knew better by now than to give any firm dates. Those have a horrible habit of turning into hostages to fortune!

Nigel,

I don't suppose that you know whether the T2400 does desirable things like:

being able to turn-off MHEG 'Red Button' support and likewise for the newer trailer booking 'Green Button' to minimise DOGs;

Freeview HD audio transcoding to DD 5.1;

support list views in the EPG, which can be either dumb simply listing programs sequentially per channel (a la the excellent JAG's EPG TAP) or smart lists (e.g. a list of all films across all designated services) and possibly user definable?

I don't as yet, but I hope to be able to find out more soon.

The T2400 has just appeared on the internet with two sellers, it is the 1TB edition @ £351.
I have just phoned Icecrypt and they have told me that the T2400 is not available until the end of OCTOBER, bit strange isn't it, even for taking back orders this early.

Just received this e-mail from Icecrypt;

Unfortunately certification was delayed and is not due to begin until next week. This has delayed the release date, as soon as it is confirmed an announcement will be made on www.icecrypt.com It is unlikely to be before towards the end of October however.

*Cough*

And that's exactly why people in this business really shouldn't give out dates....

There will always be some companies that will chance things and advertise early, hoping to get people who are keen, and then string them along rather than losing the order. When it's really shipping, you'll doubtless hear about it here very soon.

I'm hoping I may get my hands on one before too long.

*Cough*

And that's exactly why people in this business really shouldn't give out dates....

There will always be some companies that will chance things and advertise early, hoping to get people who are keen, and then string them along rather than losing the order. When it's really shipping, you'll doubtless hear about it here very soon.

I'm hoping I may get my hands on one before too long.

I heard from one of those companies and would you believe they even said 6 to 8 weeks. Oh well, when it appears it appears, just have to wait. Thanks for your comments anyway Nigel. My options are still open and I am still leaning towards the DS, in the meantime I still have my faithful Toppy. :)

Opinions please. Do you think that this machine is worth waiting for? Will it be better than a Humax HDR-FOXT2 or much of a muchness. Really want to press the button on a 1TB Humax HDR-FOXT2 now but I'm a little concerned about ending up dissatisfied as I have been with the Humax 9200T I have.

Cheers,

jah

Opinions please. Do you think that this machine is worth waiting for? Will it be better than a Humax HDR-FOXT2 or much of a muchness. Really want to press the button on a 1TB Humax HDR-FOXT2 now but I'm a little concerned about ending up dissatisfied as I have been with the Humax 9200T I have.

Cheers,

jah

I think it might be, I have been sitting on the fence for sometime now, so I am prepared to wait. I was at one time thinking of the HDR, but then I was impressed with the Digital Stream and that is what I will be doing in the end I think, but I want to see what the T2400 brings to the table. You were talking about the 1TB, have you been on the 'Digital Stream Direct' web page, good price as well for the 1TB. :smashin:

Remember that the Icecrypt has not yet been released to market, there is no official release date, just the hint of end of October (or later). Also in the early days supply will be limited (it always is). It is also likely to have its share of bugs and missing features (they all do, even those that are released later on), so it might be some time before you see it as mature as say the DS.

And if it comes in at £350 or so (less if discounted online), it would have to be very good in order to compete with the 1TB DS (£309 at the DS online site)

Last edited:

Cheers,

jah

I came from a 9200, and was looking at every other machine before the humax, as i didnt want humax again. However, the HDR FOX2 is poles apart from any other humax pvr, it works, brilliantly.:thumbsup:

Honestly? I'm expecting this - and remember I'm still waiting to get my hands on one, but have spoken a fair bit with the people at Turbosat - to be a reasonable bit of kit, but not quite in the same class as the Humax in terms of features. I'd say it's more akin to the DigitalStream.

So, if DLNA playback and the TV portal are things that appeal to you, go with the Humax. If it's a more straightforward box, then this may be worth looking at - but a lot is going to depend on the final pricing, in my view.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom