Icecrypt T2200 or HD-FOX T2-G

opencube

Looking for a reasonably priced Freeview HD box to save me having to put up a sat dish in our new place.

These seem to be well rated, but wondering which is best for those that have used them and why?

I like the pause, pay rewind feature of the Icecrypt...is this something the FOX can do too with fw upgrade?

Not bothered with media playback as i have a wdtv for that.

Also iPlayer would be nice as would save me using the wii for that.

Thanks

lbear

Novice Member
The Humax becomes a fully featured single tuner PVR with the addition of a USB hard drive. Yes it does pause and rewind in the same way as the Icecrypt - not surprising as they are based on the same chipset.

The iPlayer on the Humax portal is one of the better versions as it includes a HD option (unlike, say, the Freesat HD variant) bur of course that makes it bandwidth hungry.

The Humax has series booking together with trailer booking, which I do not think Icecrypt hav implemented. There ia a popup when it receives the SD/HD flag to indicate a simulcast on BBC channels.

jwsg

The Icecrypt can decode the internet based channels Connect, Stream etc. Don't think the Humax can.
Are you sure? The distinct impression I get is that there are no planned software upgrades.

For the money the T2200 has been good and has recorded reliably with high quality. However, the lack of series record and adjustments to schedule changes etc have been a nuisance. I haven't been able to compare picture quality etc with the Humax but that model is a supported product so if it's available for not too higher a price then on paper the Humax must be the better option.

winston2010

The software is GBR_074 (2010-12-10).
It decodes Sports Tonight on 112. The other channels all come up as new channel comming soon.

psychofox

Are you sure? The distinct impression I get is that there are no planned software upgrades.

For the money the T2200 has been good and has recorded reliably with high quality. However, the lack of series record and adjustments to schedule changes etc have been a nuisance. I haven't been able to compare picture quality etc with the Humax but that model is a supported product so if it's available for not too higher a price then on paper the Humax must be the better option.

Emails from their customer service say that they are working on the model above it. if all goes well they will take a look at the T2200

SATM

With regard to the Icecrypt T2200,I returned my unit for a refund.
Despite having updated the firmware from Icecrypt's website,it continued to suffer,via an HDMI connection,from intermittent losses of picture,or,with a picture remaining,subtitles.
The picture would reappear after a few moments,but to restablish subtitles one had to switch to another channel,and then back to the original channel.
It is definitely not an HDMI cable problem.

Bluearrow

Standard Member
Hi there- wondering if anyone can give me some advice please?

I just purchased this box with the view to be able to use the Top Up TV subscription to get Sky Sports. As the box has a CI slot which will fit a subscription card (once placed into a CAM module) to allow 'pay TV services to be viewed on the box, I went ahead and bought the box.

However, when I called up Top Up TV to place a subscription for Sky Sports, they are telling me that there are only a selection of boxes which are licensed to play Sky Sports. So, when you place an order, they ask for a unique code that is on each box so they can enter that information and send you a card that will be compatible with the box. The Icecrypt T2200 is not listed as a compatible box on their site, and also when I called, they also told me it would not be compatible. They did mention that ESPN are not strict with licensing etc. and any box should be compatible with the card they would send. However, I'm only interested in getting Sky Sports!

Has anyone got this box & is viewing Sky Sports via Top Up TV???? I hope it's possible because I think it's a really good box which has all the features I wanted, HD, Dolby Digital & the recording feature at a cheap price (£59 from Tesco Direct).

bb2000

Standard Member
Just purchased the Humax on the back of this thread from HumaxDirect ... this will be my second :)

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Large Screen HDR TV or Projector For Home Cinema + Best of the Month
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom