Ice Road Truckers Season 2

Excellent. Loved series one.

Any ideas when this is going to be shown in the UK ?

Well Season 1 is repeated this week on the History channel starting tonight at 7 pm, so Season 2 will hopefullly be soon.

how many times can you hear some almost incomprehendable canadian say its cold and see the same shot of the truck sinking

was interesting for the first 2 episodes

its cold
pick up load
explin why its dangerous
say its cold
drop off load
lorry freezes
its cold
ooooo dangerous
picks up load

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

poor version of deadliest catch which was good

History HD, Series 2 in September!

Loved the first season, can't wait for the 2nd.

how many times can you hear some almost incomprehendable canadian say its cold and see the same shot of the truck sinking
Well for me, it was about 10 times. ;)
Did you seriously have difficulty in understanding any of the accents? I honestly find that hard to believe. :confused:
I get the impression that you werent overly impressed with the series. :D
I loved every episode of the first series, and am definitely looking forward to seeing the second. Good to see some familiar faces back again. :)

Oh.....Thom Beers (Narrator) is American, not Canadian.

Oh.....Thom Beers (Narrator) is American, not Canadian.

I have Monster Moves on right now and it sounds like him narrating that as well.

I didn't watch all of Ice Truckers but liked what I saw and even watched the repeats a few times.

I have Monster Moves on right now and it sounds like him narrating that as well.
Yep, does sound a bit like him, but i believe Monster Moves is narrated by John Michie, who plays DI Robbie Ross in Taggart.

its cold
pick up load & supplies for the ship
explain why its dangerous
say its cold
set sail, drop some pots
boat freezes
its cold
ooooo dangerous
pick up a few cod & lobsters Oh heck! they all look the same after a while

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

another version of deadliest catch

At the end of the day if you enjoy either series thats fine, but IRT is produced by the same people (Thom Beers). It's also been succesful enough for another series to be produced and I do enjoy both series. If you don't like it the fine, but don't mock the programme. If it wasn't for these interesting programmes and many more like them, television would be very poor.

Yep, does sound a bit like him, but i believe Monster Moves is narrated by John Michie, who plays DI Robbie Ross in Taggart.

Yes you're right, it wasn't him. Never seen Taggart but he does sound like him.

Series 2 starts on History HD, 9th October, 9pm :thumbsup:

Last edited:
:clap::clap:

Anyone google mapped INUVIK, on the edge of the world!!!!

2367 miles from Vancouver alone!!!!

Just a reminder to everyone that Season 2 starts tonight on the History Channel. There are 2 episodes, the first one being a summary of the last season.

Gotta love the hit to the ego of a couple of the old hands of the diamond run being rookies on these runs and after years of low speed limits being able to put the foot through the pedal was a relief.
I'm not sure if we were meant to feel sorry for Drew or not, being unprepared is bad enough but then not quite thinking through his next action was a mistake.

I wonder if Drew was sent up there by the TV company to add a bit of spice to the show ? His antics in the 1st series would surely mean that nobody would employ him up there again ? He seemed to think that he was just unlucky but I thought he was just thick !

The man forgot his coat for gods sake :eek::eek::rolleyes: ..... he goes to one of the coldest places on earth and forgets his bloody parker !!! The man is a bufoon, i bet the next episode has him asking for his job back...... and for the lend of another coat.

I found this series quite tedious to be honest. Time to find another profession where they can try and convince us the person is going to die every day !

I enjoyed it and can easily put aside the fake drama and buildup, even Deadliest Catch relies too much on preparing us for something that never really arrives. That said both series covered the medical issues of two of the main characters very well, that was drama.

I found this series quite tedious to be honest.
Well why watch it then?
I'll never understand people that sit and watch a tv programme or film(or in this case a whole series!), only to complain about it afterwards. :rolleyes:

Well why watch it then?
I'll never understand people that sit and watch a tv programme or film(or in this case a whole series!), only to complain about it afterwards. :rolleyes:

Because I enjoyed the first series and was watching this one as I expected something to actually happen and it never did. The commentator kept saying things at the begining of the programs that hinted something major was about to happen... wrong ! It wasn't a patch on the last series.

It wasn't a patch on the last series.
I also thought the first series was great, but i havent been able to watch any of the second series yet...will probably have to wait until it is shown on Channel 5.
Im sure i will still enjoy it, but possibly not quite as much from what you say.
I will let you know though. ;)

I also thought the first series was great, but i havent been able to watch any of the second series yet...will probably have to wait until it is shown on Channel 5.
Im sure i will still enjoy it, but possibly not quite as much from what you say.
I will let you know though. ;)

I'd be interested to know if it's just me that has a problem with this 2nd series. Maybe I've just been in the wrong frame of mind :D

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom