ICE cars to go by 2030

stblob

Cobalt is used in so many products. Infact, a huge amount of manufacturing requires mining of something in some form or an other. Cobalt is used in a lot of medical products. And don't forget about your home.

stblob

Tesla are shifting to cobalt free batteries, not that it will stop children in other countries being used for labour.

There will always be injustice around the world....this shouldn't be used to bash EV's.
Indeed.
Maybe large corporations need to source these products more ethically. But, money is money, get it cheap and look in the opposite direction and sale for as much as you can get. Sadly.
Exploitation still happens here in the UK despite laws against it.

JimmyMac

Distinguished Member
I can wirelessly charge my phone, in ten years could I wirelessly charge my car?

so have base plates in parking spaces that start charging your car the moment you park up. No plugs, no wires, it just begins

Desmo

Distinguished Member
You can wirelessly charge now but it's extremely inefficient, like all wireless charging. On a car the losses are just too great to be of any real use.

gangzoom

I can wirelessly charge my phone, in ten years could I wirelessly charge my car?

so have base plates in parking spaces that start charging your car the moment you park up. No plugs, no wires, it just begins
You can do that now, but the cost of the equipment is alot more than a simple plug and efficiency I think is 80% versus 95%.

It takes 5 seconds to plug in an EV, you don't have to spend ages lining up the car+plate, simply easier, cheaper, and more efficient to plug in.

mjn

Distinguished Member
Tesla are shifting to cobalt free batteries, not that it will stop children in other countries being used for labour.

There will always be injustice around the world....this shouldn't be used to bash EV's.
Cobalt is used in so many products. Infact, a huge amount of manufacturing requires mining of something in some form or an other. Cobalt is used in a lot of medical products. And don't forget about your home.
Yeah, but nobody bangs the "green / good for the enviornment" drum more than an EV owner /driver. :)

IronGiant

Yeah, but nobody bangs the "green / good for the enviornment" drum more than an EV owner /driver. :)
But your drum is so much bigger and louder ;)

jjgreenwood

This exists now but isn't put into the cars just like the self driving tech exists now but doesn't get implimented.

mjn

Distinguished Member

scarty16

somewhat ironically Cobalt is used extensively in Petrol production

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: The Best TVs and Projectors of 2020, plus AV, TV Show & Movie News & Reviews
Top Bottom