1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

iBook G4 / Xbox > AE700 for Movies

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by Scotty Boy, Aug 16, 2005.

1. Scotty Boy

Scotty Boy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    I'm trying to do keep equipment to a minimum when I go to University, so I was thinking possibly using my G4 Ibook as a DVD player, and using the VGA out of it to a Panasonic PTAE700. What would the results be do you think?

I have a couple of BOSE speakers for it, so that would sort me for the sound, if I used a modded xbox or a DVD player, i'd then have to try and take an amp and speakers to Uni too...

2. SanPedro

SanPedro

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +505
    have you bought the PJ yet?

Optoma now do an all-in-one DVD projector which may do the trick. Optoma Movie time I think it's called.

And the price is very keen. But you'll still need an amp and speakers to get the best out of it all. Or use headphones.

The iBook should do a good enough job of playing DVD's but has no surround sound output. And I think it is just basic composite video out, which is never ideal. The Xbox may be the better bet if it has coax or digital out signal.

Chris

3. Zack Attack

Zack Attack

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +34
    According to one website selling the Optoma Movietime,

"Unique 3 stage air purifier de-odorises and reduces bacteria and harmful hydrocarbons whilst you watch a movie."

From here