• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

iBook G4 charger/battery problem

NewBeetle

Distinguished Member
My mother uses a 12" iBook G4 and today she rang me in a panic, she had been using the iBook plugged in using the original charger as the battery is past its best and only lasts about 45mins. She then got the 'running on reserve power, please charge' message (while it was actually plugged in).

Now the battery is dead and the charger lights up yellow for a bit or nothing at all. To me it sounds like the charger has bit the dust but don't want her to fork out for a new charger if its something more serious.

Any help much appreciated.

NewBeetle

Distinguished Member
As far as I'm aware, it should

Yeah tried it, and it worked until you moved the charger, not the magsafe connector the actual main body of the charger. So it seems to have something wrong with it, loose wire or something. Anyway new charger ordered so fingers crossed it sorts it out.:thumbsup:

The latest video from AVForums

SVS Prime Wireless Pro Powered Speakers - Review Coming Soon
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom