1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

IBM T23 Laptop

Discussion in 'Desktop & Laptop Computers Forum' started by BAN5HEE, Aug 10, 2005.

1. BAN5HEE

BAN5HEE

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +382
    This is most likely a dumb question but I have a IBM T23 Laptop. It has a pentuim III processor(1ghz) and 1 Gig Ram running XP Pro. On the laptop it has a S-Video out. Does this mean I can plug my laptop into my TV via an S-Video cable? Or do I need to do something else? I have tried it before and it doesn't seem to work? Should I maybe do it via my amp? I have a Pioneer VSXax2014i. Thanks

2. shaithis

shaithis

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +30
    You will almost certainly need to configure your display settings in Windows to do this.

Depending on the make of your video chipset the procedures for enabling a second output are different.

3. The Dude

The Dude

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,251
    very very very nice laptop mate... almost bullet-proof and one of the best ever made IMHO :thumbsup:

I've never tried the Svideo out, but will check this out on one tomorrow and post back... It could be as simple as selecting the desired output... same as you would with an outboard monitor / PJ...?

look on the keyboard for a picture of a TV screen.... try holding Fn and pressing this to switch between outputs, and see if you get anything... could be what you're after..?

I *think* you'll need to select the external output, along with the s-vid connected... i could be wrong though...:D

4. BAN5HEE

BAN5HEE

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +382
    Thanks for the advice guys was out last night so will give it ago tonight. As you say The Dude it is a very nice laptop never had a problem with it.

5. The Dude

The Dude

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,251
    I didn't get near the T23 today mate... have you had any joy with working it out?

6. BAN5HEE

BAN5HEE

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +382
    I went into the display settings on the laptop and into advanced settings. From there you can adjusted the Savage settings. It has an option to use a crt the laptop screen and then tv. BOth the crt and the TV are greyed out and cn't be ticked. I didn't have much time last night but I will play around with it more this weekend hopefully I can get it going.

7. john249

john249

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I also agree. You have a nice laptop there.

8. Crocodile

Crocodile
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,574
    Have a look here. :smashin:

9. dickst3

dickst3

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    Hi

Dont want to hijack the thread but its the only one i could find with a t23!

i've had mine for a nuber of years now and have the first problem. it won't work with the batteries (they are fine and charged) and only works plugged into mains!

any ideas?

any recommendations for repairers?

tia

btw - i had a vase of water go over mine, and apart from a melted keyboard from using a hairdryer on it(!) its fine - put a new key board on it for £50.